Error Loading Extension

Hello,

After I got a new laptop, I resynced my Katalon folder from my OneDrive account. I installed Chrome browser and it works perfectly. But whenever I run any Web Test Cases from Katalon, it gives me two error warnings: First

“(Header= Error Loading Extension)
Body=Failed to load extension from: C:\Users\myname\OneDrive - myWork. Manifest file is missing or unreadable.”
Once I click the OK button, another Error warning pops up saying

“(Header= Error Laoding Extension) Body= Failed to load extension from: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\88.0.4324.104\Inc\Documents\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.0\configuration\resources\extensions\Chrome\Katalon-save-mhtml. Manifest file is missing or unreadable.”
After that, chrome browser opens normally and I am able to execute my test cases normally.

For 1st error warning, I went to the location path and found that the above-mentioned folder name “OneDrive - myWork” does not exist, instead, it has a suffix now like this “OneDrive - myWork, Inc”. Is there any way I can correct this pathname in some configuration files residing inside my Katalon folder so that it is resolved?

For 2nd error warning, I went to the location path and found that inside the above-mentioned folder “88.0.4324.104”, there is no folder called “Inc”. Please advise any resolutions to these two issues.

After getting a new laptop and resyncing OneDrive folders, I have upgraded Katalon twice. And these issues still show. I can provide further details if needed.

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\88.0.4324.104\Inc\Documents\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-7.9.0\configuration\resources\extensions\Chrome\Katalon-save-mhtml

Please let us know your Katalon installed folder location?

1 Like

Hi @duyluong,

The installed folder location is this:

Hi @spradhan,

I think you should download free new Katalon package to new driver such as: D:/Katalon_Studio_Windows to prevent any missing files when you uploading Katalon Studio to cloud.

Thanks

@duyluong

Thank you for the suggestion. It is working now after I unzipped downloaded installation files into C:\New_Katalon_Folder.

1 Like