How to handle Data Files for remote execution

I’ve been doing some research today but I’ve not quite found my answer.

I’m using Katalon Run Time Engine and TestOps to schedule a test runs with data files, I’ve uploaded those to the Data Files section in Katalon Studio and mapped all the data and everything runs great locally. I’ve setup the Test Agent on my remote machine and when I try to run remotely the Data File not found since it is not on the Remote VM. It’s looking for my C: drive on my local since that’s where I uploaded them from.

I would like to use the data files/data binding feature to run remotely, what is the best way to handle storing of the Data Files so this can be achieved?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Depends on the nature of your “data files”.

One simple idea would be just to include the data files into the project and add/commit/push into the Git repository which your KRE process will pull together with the codes. The path of the data files should be changed to be relative to the project’s directory.

If you find any problem about this idea, please describe why. Provided that you disclose your conditions more, others may be able to suggest something.

1 Like

Perfect, I was contemplating this approach but did not consider the relative path. After incorporating the changes into my repo and updating to relative path the test data is now found when running remotely with KRE. Thank you @kazurayam

1 Like