How to configure to run the scripts bit slow

Hi there,
For the demo purpose, I need to configure my scripts to run bit slow. so everyone will know what the actions are performed. I tried to increase the time in secs between each action in execute tab of settings but still not able to manage to run slow. Other than having a delay in the script

Thanks

@vtanguturi

What version are you using, is it the latest ? Please provide the test script. Also, when you mention you

How many seconds do you set it to be ?

I have 7.3.0 and I increased from 2 secs to 7 secs and still my total execution time took same amount of time. For scripts I have multiple keywords and different actions. I can’t provide the script as is. Is there any other way to do in settings or any chrome capabilities.

@vtanguturi

Does your test case use WebUI.openBrowser at all ? It sounds a bit weird to me that the setting is not taking effect.

this is my initialize browser testcase

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase

import org.openqa.selenium.UnexpectedAlertBehaviour as UnexpectedAlertBehaviour
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver as ChromeDriver
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions as ChromeOptions
import org.openqa.selenium.remote.CapabilityType as CapabilityType
import org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities as DesiredCapabilities

import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling as FailureHandling
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase(‘pageObjects/pageObjecttc’), [:], FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

ChromeOptions chromeOptions = new ChromeOptions()

System.setProperty(‘webdriver.chrome.driver’, DriverFactory.getChromeDriverPath())

chromeOptions.addArguments(‘start-maximized’)

chromeOptions.addArguments(‘disable-infobars’)

chromeOptions.addArguments(‘window-size=1920x1080’)

//chromeOptions.addArguments(“Zoom 80%”);
////HEADLESS CHROME
//chromeOptions.addArguments(“headless”);

chromeOptions.setCapability(CapabilityType.ACCEPT_SSL_CERTS, true)

ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(chromeOptions) //driverService,

DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)

WebUI.navigateToUrl(GlobalVariable.testURL)

@vtanguturi

The setting works only if you use WebUI.openBrowser which opens an instance of WebDriver that implements additional interfaces. Among these interfaces is one that does the delay between every action. Because you’re providing your own ChromeDriver instance, it doesn’t implement the interface which does the delay.

I’d recommend that you provide these initialization parameters using Katalon’s desired capabilities and then use WebUI.openBrowser. Another way is a bit more technical which is to implement a FiringEventListener which does Thread.sleep before every action.

hi,

not sure is this any help for that

Hi @Timo_Kuisma1, I used that same page for setting the time but it didn’t show any difference when I changed from 2 to 7 secs. Also as @ThanhTo mentioned I am not using WebUI.openBrowser in my script. I tried using the desired capabilities in the katalon and as it didn’t help me I have created my own chrome desired capabilities in script level.

hi,

debug?

I didn’t get you. What do you want me to debug?

run slow script if this is your point