Error using appendToCSV with Katalon Recorder V 5.5.3

i have tested the “appendToCSV sample”
see log file, please:

[info] Playing test case CSV manipulation / appendToCSV sample

[info] Time: Mon Aug 23 2021 13:32:41 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) Timestamp: 1629718361484

[info] OS: Windows Version: 10

[info] Browser: Chrome Version: 91.0

[info] If the test cannot start, please refresh the active browser tab

[info] Executing: | loadVars | data.csv | |

[info] Executing: | echo | ${first} ${last} | |

[info] Expand variable ‘${first} ${last}’ into ‘Alex Smith’

[info] echo: Alex Smith

[info] Executing: | endLoadVars | undefined | |

[info] Expand variable ‘${first} ${last}’ into ‘Steve Rogers’

[info] echo: Steve Rogers

[info] Expand variable ‘${first} ${last}’ into ‘Bruce Wayne’

[info] echo: Bruce Wayne

[info] Executing: | appendToCSV | data.csv | Sam,Smith |

[error] Unknown command: appendToCSV

[info] Time: Mon Aug 23 2021 13:32:41 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) Timestamp: 1629718361839

[info] Test case failed

appendToCSV is an unknown command.

kindly regards

Martin from Germany

I am seeing the same thing with writeToCSV since the update to Recorder.

Thank you for your report, we are fixing this issue in the next release.

@makra @dennis.hohn

Hi 5.5.4 is released. Can you try it out and see if the problem is resolved?

Hello, I’m trying to test loadvars with the latest update of katalon recorder in 5.5.4, but it’s not working to read my csv. Can u help me?

katalon recorder 5.5.4 cant read csv file, [error] SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0, for sure open csv file, but always error json file

You mean it can’t read JSON file, is that correct? Or do you mean it says that CSV file is a JSON file.

I’m using next command:
After this i get the error:

so I can’t load any variables form the csv file. This has come after update on 5.5.4
How can we fix this problem?

@iliyaboyarov317

Can you provide me with your CSV file? I can’t reproduce this on my side.

Lera_date_numbers.zip (204 Bytes)

Of couse, I can, but here it is nothing interesting.
I convert this file to json and Katalon recoder has read it.
The problem is that the recoder says that CSV file is a JSON file, so it tries to read it as JSON and after gives us a mistake like this:

In the previous version we had to files types to add csv or json now they are connected.

1 Like

Hi @iliyaboyarov317, thank you for sharing the file. Are you using Mac or Windows, I use a Mac and I can’t reproduce this so I’m looking for evidence that it may be a Window issue.

Windows, can I send you a file somehow differently? I cant drop csv file in this forum

Hi, yes there are sites that you can use to upload files pretty quickly, for example this one:

You can paste the link here. (or in a private message if your file is sensitive).

1 Like

Hi guys, in case these issues are stopping your work. Katalon Recorder is open-sourced and we also released earlier versions. You can temporarily disable the current version of KR, download the source code of 5.5.2.4 and install an unpacked extension into Chrome to use an earlier version.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience and our team are working on fixing the issues.

Hi everyone,

KR 5.5.4.1 is released and we have fixed the following issues:

• Fixed an issue where users cannot execute tests with CSV files on Windows.
  • Fixed an issue where copy and pasting a command does not work as expected.
  • Fixed an issue where users cannot open .krecorder files.
  • Fixed an issue where users can’t see test steps’ statuses after executions.
  • Fixed an issue where users can’t visually distinguish between passed and failed tests.

Please try it out and see if it works!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Help with using CSV file in Katalon Recorder

Hi,

I have used the appendCsv in my KR scripts but when i try to export the script to Katalon studio, it says appendCSv is incompatible .. So cant i run the KR scripts in Studio if appendCsv is used.?

Thanks

Hi @akhi.hk

If your script’s main purpose is to write things down to CSV files then yes it will not work as expected. appendToCSV is one of the commands that’s KR-specific so it’s going to be commented out when you export your tests to KS. Note that KS does provide ways to write values to files, it’s just different than in KR.

1 Like

I face the same problem, please help, i need to save thousand of value, please help