Error running jenkins job on OSX

Hi,

I’m getting issues when running Jenkins job configured on OSX.

Below is my shell command to exeute Katalon test suite,

/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/katalon' --args -runMode=console '-projectPath=MyTestProject.prj' -reportFolder=Reports -reportFileName=report -retry=0 '-testSuitePath=MyTestSuite' -browserType=Chrome

Below is the error im getting on Jenkins,

_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

Thanks

Based on that logs, please remove .project file and try again. Thanks

Thanks. Issue is resolved after deleting the folder. Im getting this now,
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
121 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = STARTING

Invalid project description.

Build step ‘Execute shell’ marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

Hi there,

This is a known issue, so please delete config folder from Katalon Studio package and try again, e.g:/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config

Thanks

Error is not related to Shell command. It is working fine. Error is related to Mac OS X server daemon cannot connect to WindowServer.

Hi there,

I don’t think that is the correct shell command, you need to have commands which navigate to applications folder first, the whole command will looks like this:

cd /Applications

./Katalon\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/katalon --args -runMode=console -projectPath="/Users/admin/Katalon Studio/Samples/Sample Project.prj" -reportFolder="Reports" -reportFileName="report" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest" -browserType="Chrome"

Thanks

i have same issue. i deleted folder config in /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config. but still show _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL. on jenkins

This helps me when resolving the issue:

Ana Hong said:

This helps me when resolving the issue:
android - Build Unity project with Jenkins failed - Stack Overflow

I follow that command and restart my machine after this change. When running Jenkins job It show log below

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata. By default the platform writes its content under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to specify a different content area for the platform.

Where to delete from .project file