Enable/Disable feature

First of all, awesome job with the browser extension, I’ve ported most of our old Selenium IDE scripts over to use this tool which is great for many reasons.

One feature that was never in the IDE tool but would be pretty handy would be the ability to enable/disable test suites/cases/steps.

In other words one of my suites has 20 + test cases in it, it would be nice to be able to right click on the individual test cases (or multi select) and disable them so I could run the test suite with just a few test cases in place. There are work arounds to this, you can always drag the cases around and what not; something to consider hopefully.

The same could be done at the test step level, right click on a test step (or multi select) and disable, then run with the steps you leave enabled.

Anyway, keep up the good job, I’m looking forward to digging into the Studio in the near future.

1 Like

Steven Taylor said:

First of all, awesome job with the browser extension, I’ve ported most of our old Selenium IDE scripts over to use this tool which is great for many reasons.

One feature that was never in the IDE tool but would be pretty handy would be the ability to enable/disable test suites/cases/steps.

In other words one of my suites has 20 + test cases in it, it would be nice to be able to right click on the individual test cases (or multi select) and disable them so I could run the test suite with just a few test cases in place. There are work arounds to this, you can always drag the cases around and what not; something to consider hopefully.

The same could be done at the test step level, right click on a test step (or multi select) and disable, then run with the steps you leave enabled.

Anyway, keep up the good job, I’m looking forward to digging into the Studio in the near future.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for choosing Katalon products and provide valuable feedback.

I will share your feedback with the team for discussion. However, have you checked out Katalon Studio? It does offer all of the features you have suggested. You can organize and structure your tests for more advanced/dynamic automation testing with Katalon Studio. I’d highly recommend trying Katalon Studio out. It’s completely free.

Regards,
Liam