Dropdown Menu from Ellipsis

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask if there is a way on how to close the dropdown menu from the Ellipsis? Because I got an error to my code that the object is is not clickable at point". To resolve this issue I need to close the dropdown menu, so that my script can able to click the SEND button. Thank you!

This is my code
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Click_Ellipsis_Menu’))

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Click_Download a copy ellpsis menu'))

WebUI.refresh()

WebUI.delay(3)

WebUI.click(findTestObject('SendButton'))

ellipsis

How would you do the task if you were doing it manually? Would you click somewhere else, like on a label, textbox or textarea? Would you click on the ellipse again? Manually go through the steps and then code it the same way.

Hello @grylion54,

Thank you for your response. Below are the steps for my scenario.

1. Click the Ellipsis
  2. Click SEND button

Unfortunately, I cannot proceed with the step 2 because the “SEND BUTTON” “is not clickable at point” this is the error I got. and the cause is the dropdown menu is still active. I tried to remove the code of click Ellipsis, and I successfully clicked the SEND button.

I have 2 solutions to resolve the issue, but I don’t know how to apply it and what is the easiest way :frowning:

1. Click somewhere in the page, so that the dropdown menu from ellipsis will be closed or
  2. I’ll close the dropdown menu w/o clicking somewhere in the page.

katalon ss

Thank you!

Listen carefully. @grylion54 gave you more than a hint as to how to proceed. The steps you posted there are NOT what a user would do – correct? If a user followed those steps, THEY would be stuck, too.

Follow the steps a HUMAN USER would use. That’s a REAL test.

You could use WebUI.enhancedClick but that’s cheating since no human user can do that.

Hi @Russ_Thomas Good day! Sorry! this is not my original steps. I gave a summarize steps on my previous comments, and I think I need to revise my test cases to make it easier. Thanks for your response sir!! :slight_smile: