Default profile required mandatorily

Hello, I tried to delete Default profile since I don’t need it anymore, I have mine and configure it to be default Execution Profile.
I know the profile is working fine since some of the global variables are used to configure the URLs I’m navigating to.
Nevertheless, I’m getting an error that says:
> 2021-12-10 10:34:25.486 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - :x: Test Cases/CreateBasket FAILED.
> Reason:
> com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: These following reason:
> [Could not evaluate variable of profile: default. Details: java.io.FileNotFoundException: %workspace%\Profiles\default.glbl (El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado)]
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:50)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:23)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain$stepFailed$0.call(Unknown Source)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$_runWithCucumberRunner_closure5.doCall(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:633)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$_runWithCucumberRunner_closure5.doCall(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:74)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.runKeyword(KeywordMain.groovy:68)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain$runKeyword.call(Unknown Source)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords.runWithCucumberRunner(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:618)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$runWithCucumberRunner$0.callStatic(Unknown Source)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords.runWithCucumberRunner(CucumberBuiltinKeywords.groovy:718)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords$runWithCucumberRunner.call(Unknown Source)
> at CreateBasket.run(CreateBasket:5)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:442)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:433)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:412)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:404)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:281)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:138)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:129)
> at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
> at TempTestCase1639128839130.run(TempTestCase1639128839130.groovy:25)

This error is solved by including a blank profile called default. But this does not make sense since it is not used (it is blank).

Operating System

Windows 10

Katalon Studio Version

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new profile.
  2. Set that new profile as default Execution Profile.
  3. Delete default profile.
  4. Run a Test Case.
  5. Watch behaviour.

Expected Behavior:

The TCs are running without needing the default profile.

Actual Behavior:

The TCs are not running if default.glbl is deleted.

The default profile is mandatory, it is tied very deep into the execution.
That’s the main reason you cannot delete it from Katalon IDE.
Most probably you delete it straight from the file browser.
Congrats, you managed to screw your test project!

After doing my katalon update my default profile is not visible in the katalon studio but if i view my file directory it is still there how do i fix this bug

Hi @zane.staats_1,

Please help capture your issue for a better investigation and provide us with the KS version, Operating System, and Steps to reproduce your issue.

Thanks,
Shin

Hi @pjfernandez,

I tried to reproduce your issue but it works for me. I’m using macOS Big Sur v11.5.1 and Katalon Studio v8.2.0. My test case can run with passed result although I deleted the default profile.