Katalon Run Time Exception: could not evaluate variable of profile: default

Hi there,

I am getting an error whenever I run any of my test cases.

I did not change anything to these cases and now I am getting a “could not evaluate variable of profile.” What does this mean?

est Cases/Evident Design/Designer - ED/designer_assigntome FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.KatalonRuntimeException: Could not evaluate variable of profile: default. Details: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file://C/Users/Nimbyx/Katalon%20Studio/test/Profiles/default.glbl; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 2; The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.getGlobalVariables(TestCaseMain.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$getGlobalVariables$1.call(Unknown Source)
at internal.GlobalVariable.(GlobalVariable.groovy:180)
at designer_assigntome.run(designer_assigntome:21)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1566437633592.run(TempTestCase1566437633592.groovy:21)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file://C/Users/Nimbyx/Katalon%20Studio/test/Profiles/default.glbl; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 2; The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.getGlobalVariables(TestCaseMain.java:177)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$getGlobalVariables$1.call(Unknown Source)
at internal.GlobalVariable.(GlobalVariable.groovy:180)
at Script1563419321455.run(Script1563419321455.groovy:21)
… 11 more

Can someone please help?

It’s so weird. It seems as if the reason why it was not working because the default profile disappeared when I opened Katalon today.

I created a default profile and now it’s fine. hmmmm I wonder why

It’s so weird. It seems as if the reason why it was not working because the default profile disappeared when I opened Katalon today.

I created a default profile and now it’s fine. hmmmm I wonder why