Cucumber Feature File - Katalon Analytics

Hi,
I have paramterized my cucumber file and passing it to groovy for 10 iterations data with scenario outline option. It starts with the login and execute and logout for each iteration.
After the execution is completed, katalon analytics reports shows as only ONE. Probably the last test case result.

How we can make it to show 10 test cases ? Please suggest to proceed further.

Hi @vdavuluri2,

I just want to clarify if you set up appropriately to import 10 results from Katalon Studio to Katalon Analytics. It would be helpful if you could let us know whether you are using data binding for each iteration, and provide some screenshots.

Thank you,

Jass

Hi @Jass
Thanks for your reply. Please find the attached Screen1 and Screen2 snapshots with the cucumber scenario outlines where how we send the data to the groovy. All these data mentioned in the Screen2 at Scenario Outline considered as one test case in katalon analytics.

**Please look into this and suggest.

Hi @vdavuluri2,

As can be seen in your screenshots, you currently use the default data iteration of Gherkin, not the data binding section of Katalon Studio. Hence, there’s only one report of the test case that stores all results of data iterations of the feature file. You can view the report of Cucumber in Katalon Studio because it’s stored in a separate folder from Katalon Studio’s report folder.

In short, because you use one test case to run the dataset of BDD, in Katalon Analytics there’s only one report created in Katalon Studio that stores 10 results of 10 iterations.

Jass

@Jass, Thanks for your clarification. Yeah…it is default data iteration of Gherkin.
I can see the reports which shows in separate folder.

Can you please explain how we can do the data binding ? Please suggest to proceed further.

Hi @vdavuluri2,

Please refer to Run Test Case with an external data source for further instructions.

Good luck!

Jass

@Jass, Thank You. The above data binding can be done only excel sheet variables ? OR
feature file scenario outline variables also ?

Hi @vdavuluri2,

Please carefully read our documents. In brief, import an excel file for test data, not variables; next, create a new test suite with Test Case Variables; then, bind variables with test data in the data binding section.

Regards,

Jass

Thanks, @Jass
I am new to the Katalon Studio. I have created the test suite with “GMPInquiryTS” for the four test cases “GMPInquiry01”, “GMPInquiry02”, “GMPInquiry03” and “GMPInquiry04” in the Test Cases folder.
But at the test suite, after click on the data binding and click on the TestData, I am not finding any thing. Please note that, I am not recording the test cases and I am developing the scripts.

Please refer the below attachment and guide me to proceed further !!

Hi @vdavuluri2,

Welcome to Katalon!

As can be seen in your screenshot, you haven’t created data files yet. Instead of storing your data in feature files, you’re recommended to store the data in excel or CSV files to utilize the data binding feature.

Should you still have any concerns, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Jass

Thank You, @Jass.
I am using the cucumber feature files with Scenario Outline and sending the data to step definitions. We are not using the excel file with data.

But if we use the cucumber feature files with scenario outline, how we can send the data through excel file ? Please let me know if you need any inputs to clarify my queries.

Appreciate your help.

@vdavuluri2 you are welcome. To use the data binding section, it’s a must to store data in excel or CSV files; hence, in your case, it’s recommended to create an excel file that stores this data:

Jass

@Jass, thank you so much for your help.

I have completed one of my assignment with this cucumber with groovy approach.
If I use the above cucumber scenario outline data into excel, I need to change my approach i.e., without cucumber, I will have to follow only with groovy !! Correct ?
I know that we can pass the excel sheet also with cucumber, but it may be some cumbersome task.
Is that right ? what do you suggest ? Our project is at initial stage, so it is ok even if I change it now.

Please guide.

@vdavuluri2,

To put it simply, when you use data binding function, the data is parsed in each test run. Your job is to pass the data to the cucumber methods.

Jass

Thank You, @Jass
As per the screen shot, should I pass the data different than this ? Do I need to change the flow of writing the cucumber feature files ?
THANKS.