Cucumber fails after upgrading to KSE 9.4

Ever since upgrading to Katalon 9.4, my Cucumber tests fail to run…
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Keyword runFeatureFileWithTags was failed (Root cause: java.lang.SecurityException: class “module-info”'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
at cucumber.runtime.io.ResourceLoaderClassFinder.loadClass(ResourceLoaderClassFinder.java:42)

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know your issue. Can you please share the version of the driver you are using? Can you please upgrade it to the latest: Katalon run time engine error class "module-info"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package - #30 by mageshzero7

Thanks! I just updated replaced C:\Users\xxxxx.katalon\packages\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.4.0\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.4.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32 with this new version but it didn’t make any difference. The one I had previously was whatever Katalon updated it to through the Tools option.

By the way, I just ran another, non-cucumber test, and it ran in Chrome perfectly.

Also worth noting, I get the same issue whether I run feature against Chrome, Edge, Firefox etc

Problem solved! Using several articles from Katalon that I found on the web (even though at times were a little off the mark in this case) helped me eventually narrow down a solution, which was…

1. move the files from the scripts\groovy(default package) into a named package I went with scripts\groovy\code).
  2. Create a new test listener and add default packages with the Cucumber Glue Generator…

class NewTestListener {
	@BeforeTestCase
	def beforeTestCase2(TestCaseContext context) {
	  CucumberGlueGenerator.addDefaultPackages()
	}
}
type or paste code here
1 Like

Hey,

It is great to hear that you have solved your issue. Thank you for sharing your suggestion