After upgrading to 9.0 none of my Cucumber features are running

WHAT:
After upgrading to 9.0 none of my Cucumber features are running. Everything was working before the upgrade.

ERROR LOG:
(Root cause: java.lang.SecurityException: class “module-info”'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

I do not have any idea what this means

CONSOLE LOG ERROR

How do I fix this please? Help if you can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps you should downgrade to Katalon Studio 8.x

1 Like

I just closed out Katalon and reopened and now its working~ Super weird.

I will keep an eye on it and downgrade if needed! Thank you for that.

2 Likes

Glad this resolved itself, but do let us know if it happens again. We want 9.0 to work for everyone. Thanks for trying it out.

1 Like

yes thank you!!!

My Problem is solver after glue my step definition package like this

want to add my solution

you can add New Listener → Cucumber → (replace with this code)

import com.kms.katalon.core.annotation.AfterTestCase
import com.kms.katalon.core.annotation.BeforeTestCase
import com.kms.katalon.core.context.TestCaseContext
import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.CucumberBuiltinKeywords as CucumberKW
import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.internal.CucumberGlueGenerator as CucumberGlueGen
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
import static com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.CheckpointFactory.findCheckpoint
import static com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.CheckpointFactory.findCheckpoint
class NewTestListener {
/**
* Executes before every test case starts.
* @param testCaseContext related information of the executed test case.
*/
@BeforeTestCase
def beforeTestCase(TestCaseContext testCaseContext) {
CucumberKW.GLUE = ['stepDefinition']
CucumberGlueGen.addDefaultPackages();
}
}

@Coty : I am getting this exception from couple of days.Please advice

2024-04-01 16:15:19.787 INFO c.k.k.core.main.WSVerificationExecutor - START Verification
2024-04-01 16:15:20.542 INFO c.k.k.c.c.k.CucumberBuiltinKeywords - Starting run keyword runFeatureFile: ‘Include\features\Admin Control\Board\Board Definition\BD_CRUDOperations.feature’ and extract report to folder: ‘C:\Users\SKARAM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Katalon\Include\features\Admin Control\Board\Board Definition\BD_CRUDOperations.feature\20240401_161505/cucumber_report/1711968320509’…
2024-04-01 16:15:22.344 ERROR c.k.k.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain - :x: Keyword runFeatureFile was failed (Root cause: java.lang.SecurityException: class “module-info”'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
at cucumber.runtime.io.ResourceLoaderClassFinder.loadClass(ResourceLoaderClassFinder.java:42)
at cucumber.runtime.io.ResourceLoaderClassFinder.getDescendants(ResourceLoaderClassFinder.java:32)
at cucumber.runtime.Reflections.instantiateSubclasses(Reflections.java:33)

in your test explorer -->Test Listeners → right click and then click on new → New Test Listener (given any name ) and then inside that file you have to just import below package

import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.internal.CucumberGlueGenerator

and then inside the class you have to just paste below lines of code
@BeforeTestCase
def beforeTestCase(TestCaseContext testCaseContext) {
CucumberGlueGenerator.addDefaultPackages();
}
and save it then after that you can run your feature file it will work.

Hi,

I found this similar discussion: Katalon run time engine error class "module-info"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package - #29 by shabana.sreenivasulu. Can you please try some of the suggestions over there? Please let me know if it does not work.