Configure JIRA Integration

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/configure-jira-integration.html

Hi All,

How to integrate JIRA with Katalon, I followed the Steps as per Above. However, I am not able to connect with jira.

Because my JIRA is integrated with OKTA. Whenever I am trying to login to JIRA it will take me to OKTA screen, Where I need to provide my SSO ID and Password.

Please let me know how we can overcome this situation

Thanks
Rahul.R

Hi @rahul2, provide us the steps you did to connect Katalon Studio with Jira and screen shot as well.

Steps Manual Login with JIRA

1. URL Provided to Browser. It take you to SSO (Single Sign On Screen)

Refer Screen shot
2. After enterting ID and password
3.It will take you to JIRA dashbord

Katalon Issue: Screen shot.

As I can see in the screen shot 1 &. 2, you still cannot login to jira on a browser. That’s why KS threw a message to inform you that your account is not valid. So, please make sure that you can login successfully to Jira on a browser. Next, use this valid account to integrate with Jira from Katalon Studio. Btw, what kind of jira you are using? is it jira server or jira cloud? If you still cannot integrate with Jira with a valid account, send us your Jira URL.

I got the jira integrated with Katalon successfully, but I m not seeing the projects in the drop down menu under default JIRA project.

Yes, I tried the same but it works in browser.

Thanks
Rahul.R

Are you using Jira Cloud or Server?

Jira is in cloud

Hi all? Could anyone help please, getting the error - “Account is not valid” when trying to integrate JIRA and Katalon. Username is the email I use for JIRA? Is there any permissions that need to be granted on the JIRA project side?

Hi all, any update on how this was fixed? we use microsoft single sign on and currently just see the “account is not valid” error when trying to connect to JIRA using the recent plugin; is it still possible to authenticate and connect? Thanks!

Hi all, recently I am try to integrate the jira to katalon. At first, I got confuse because there are no username whatsoever in jira cloud but I manage to found it by first exporting user accounts. But, upon trying to connect, I always got error “account is not valid” despite, I am sure the password is correct. is there anyway to trace where the problem lies on? thank you!

@rhesa.tanoto Does your organisation use Microsoft single sign on for your products, JIRA etc?

We’ve released a new version that’s support Jira Cloud using Atlassian Cloud API token. I hope this will solve your issue.

1 Like

I need to run Katalon test case in console mode with Jira plugin. How could I run it ?
I can run it via Katalon GUI and my result gets updated on Jira, but on console it doesn’t work. Can anyone solve my problem ?

@deepakcarpenter.gen are you passing -apiKey with your command ?? if not generate apiKey and pass it while running test it will load all the installed plugins .

@abhi24790 I have tried with following command
katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -apiKey= -projectPath="" -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/login” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)”

Can you please assist me how I can pass API for Jira integration ?

@deepakcarpenter.gen please follow below mentioned link, it will guide you how to generate api key in order to use plugin in console mode https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-store/docs/user/plugin-console-installation.html

Thanks @abhi24790, I am able to run JIRA plugin via console mode now.
I am getting another issue with JIRA and Katalon integration, I have test cases written in Qmetry JIRA cloud and once I run the test cases from Katalon it’s not updating the test execution status. Sometimes it’s only uploading the result file. Can you please assist me, how could I update the test execution status and result file on Qmetry via Katalon Studio ?

@deepakcarpenter.gen is it showing any other execution result on the Jira issue at all? I had an issue with XRAY test management where by it would add a ‘katalon test result’ section to the Jira issue but would not update the main XRAY test status. Is this similar to what you are facing?

Thanks