Compare value on a data file against a value on a webpage

Hey Guys

Is it possible to compare a value on a web page to a value on spreadsheet ?

When I request the creation of the Virtual Machine, the test calls a number of variables from an Excel Data file - with the only unique value being called from a row labelled “Description”

I can Verify this has been created by using a test that compares a Test Object against the web page, however I am wondering if it is possible to adapt the current Verify test (at the bottom) to read from a data file rather than Test Objects.

Thanks in Advance
J

Current working Verify test (Thanks Marek!)

long timestart// timeout set to 300 secondsint timeout = 300WebUI.waitForPageLoad(30)timestart = System.currentTimeMillis() / 1000L// while element not present, click refresh and wait 30 seconds and check timeoutwhile (!WebUI.verifyElementPresent(findTestObject("Objects/Test Object"), 1, FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)) {	long currenttime = System.currentTimeMillis() / 1000L	// if timeout is reached, mark test failed	if(currenttime > timestart + timeout) {		KeywordUtil.markFailedAndStop("Timeout reached.")	}	WebUI.click(findTestObject("Objects/Refresh Button"))	WebUI.delay(30)}// click object as soon as you're outside of the loopWebUI.click(findTestObject("Objects/Test Object"))'Highlight the name of the Test Object If/When it appears'CustomKeywords.'com.helper.highlighter.HighlightElement.run'(findTestObject("Objects/Test Object"))'Take a screenshot'WebUI.takeScreenshot()

Of course you can read from a data file. Check out https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/data_driven_testing.html#data-driven-tests-execution to learn how to link a data file and read from it.

Thanks for the swift response Mate; however as I stated, I already pull from a data file to input variables to a web portal. I am wanting to check that what has been pulled to one ‘page’ can be verified at a different point or page.