Code Branching in Katalon

Is katalon studio is support for standard code branching?
In my code i need to freeze my automation script at one point. Then i need to frequently change and update the scripts into the latest version using that freeze version.
(P.S.: I have attached a image of wanted code branching)

Is this type of branching is applicable in Katalon. If applicable how can i Manage the code?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

What do you mean by the term “standard code branching”?
What do you think the starndard is?
What software product do you have in your mind as your “starndard”?

1 Like

By the “standard code branching” meaning was There is a software development practice used in version control systems to manage changes and developments in the codebase. It involves creating branches, which are separate lines of development within the same code repository. This allows developers or Testers to work on different features, bug fixes, or experiments simultaneously without affecting the main or stable version of the code (often referred to as the “main” or “master” branch).

1 Like

Have a look at the following doc:

By the way, I do not use Katalon Studio’s Git GUI. I always open the “Terminal” app on my Mac. I do “cd” to the project folder, then run the git command in the bash shell.

A Katalon project is just a folder with sub-folders and files. You can create a git repository by git init; you can add files into the repository by git add and git commit -m "xxxx". I can create a branch by git branch xxx commad. I can put a tag by git tag xxxxx command. Nothing special.

2 Likes