Cant use older Katalon version

Hello,

I am getting back into Katalon after a hiatus and noticed my katalon had updated to 7.1 version, but i need it to be on version 6.3.3. When I re-download the 6.3.3 version and try to run it I am forced to enter in my login credentials. When I enter my credentials I get a email or password error EVEN THOUGH it is correct because I am able to sign into my account online. when i try to do the offline activation it sends me here Katalon Studio Offline Activation | Katalon Solution which does not help me activate my account. Is there anyway I can get Version 6.3.3 again?

Thank you !

Why?

It failed. That’s expected. NEW installs of OLD versions (all versions prior to 7.x) are deprecated.

No. If you have an old version installed somewhere, it should still work. But as I pointed out above, NEW installs of OLD versions are deprecated. They will not work.

Why?

The old activation subsystem is like the dodo.

Hi Russ!

Thank you very much for your reply! are main development is still on 6.3.3 so i wanted to stay on that version. will there be issues with me using 7.1 while others are others are on 6.3.3 like things not getting implemented in a way that will be compatible with 6.3.3? This is my only concern.

Depends.

There were a few changes (details around here somewhere) with renamed/reversioned webdriver classes. If you don’t use those, maybe not.

I’ll see if I can dig them out…

Yep, here you go…

import org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.SmartWaitWebDriver

One or both of those changed. Look at this code (benefit of keeping old code commented for a while)

WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver()
    // Capabilities cap = ((RemoteWebDriver) driver).getCapabilities()
    Capabilities cap = ((SmartWaitWebDriver) driver).getCapabilities()

Maybe @ThanhTo @duyluong can explain more?