Cannot login on some websites after I install Katalon Recoder via Chrome extension store

Hi,

These days I could not login on some websites suddenly and I found the root cause is Katalon recoder, please help to figure out it, thanks. The following are my test steps:

1. Using Chrome to open the website
  1. Put the ID “A123456789” and select Certificate Type as “On-line stock-dealing certificate”. And then click “Login” button.

"

2. After click login, the following errors will show in Chrome debug console.
    jquery-3.2.1.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: $(…).modal is not a function TypeError: $(…).modal is not a function
    at VoteObj.openCaPage (https://stockservices.tdcc.com.tw/evote/login/shareholder.html?language=EN&platform=eVoting:1294:28)
    at Taiwan Depository & Clearing Corporation Stockservices Platform
    at i (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/common/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:2:28679)
    at fireWith (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/common/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:2:29445)
    at j (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/common/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:2:30945)
    at k (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/common/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:2:30975) undefined

3. If I disable Katalon Recoder via Chrome extension manager and then login again, above errors will not occur.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

BRs,
Alex

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Same bug, Bug for chrome extension lastest

Also the same bug here: KR extension on = no websites, KR extension off = working websites. @system please provide a quick update on the KR extension! I cannot use KR for regression testing.

Hi all,

Our team has acknowledged some problems with KR v7.0.0. We will investigate on this and thank you for your information. Let you know soon

1 Like

Hi there @foxconnvas, :wave:

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We appreciate your help in identifying problems and unusual behaviors.

We will be forwarding your issue to our Recorder team soon. Before doing so, could you please provide the following:

• A screen recording of the bug in action.

The information above will be very helpful to our Recorder team!

:information_source: Additionally, you could also contact our Recorder team via the email: recorder-services@katalon.com for faster support, bug report, or feature requests.

Thanks,
Katalon Community team

Hi Albert,

I recoded a video and sent it to your support team via email, please help to check do they receive my video, thanks.

BRs

I also found errors on our site when I have the Katalon Recorder plugin on my browser. Sending a recorded gif to show what kind of errors are found in my browser.

Could I know does anyone deal with this issue?

Hi @foxconnvas, we have been working on a fix and will be releasing version 7.0.1 next week. This update will include the fix for the returnPrompt function, as well as the bug you mentioned with baidu.com. We will notify you in the forum once the update is released. Kindly verify if the issue has been resolved and inform us if it persists.
Regarding the performance issues, please be assured that we are actively investigating them.
Thank you for your understanding and dedication to Katalon.

2 Likes

Hi @here, :wave:

We have recently released version 7.0.1 of Katalon Recorder which should be able to resolve some (if not most) of the issues that you were facing.

More information here: Release notes | Katalon Docs

We will close this thread soon. If you still encounter any issues with the new release, please create a new thread in Katalon Recorder.

Thanks,
Albert