Can we run a test suite and update another test case at same time?

Hi,
If I’m running a Test suite with Test A, B, C and D and I know the execution is going to take more than an hour, while waiting can I update and save Test E at same time I’m running the Test suite?
Tests in suite have nothing in common with Test E, no shared files, not even shared profile.

Thanks

I suppose Katalon Studio will block you out from saving the changes made for the Test E while a Test suite is in action.

I would recommend you should not try the edge cases.

In my humble opinion, Katalon Studio GUI is not very robust. It tends to mess around quickly.

Hi,

So yesterday I played around little bit. I ran my test suite and updated and saved Tests other than what was in the test suite. All my data is still there and scripts ran successfully. Could this be because I’m doing API testing and not GUI?
Thanks

I made a small Test Case.

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

/*
 *  Run, Rabbit, Run...
 */
for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
	WebUI.delay(3)
	WebUI.comment("i=${i}")
}

I ran this. It contines long, long, seconds. If you try, you would find it runs longer than 300 seconds = 5 minutes.

I left a process of this Test Case running while I editted this source code of the script. I did insert some comments, etc.

I expected that Katalon Studio GUI will block me from saving the change of the script into disk.

However, the fact is, Katalon Studio GUI just let me save the change while it kept the test case process running.

So I found, I was wrong. My expectation was pointless.

Let me restate,

Yes. As an experiment tells, you can even edit and save Test A, B, C and D.