Can we Import a file which is exported, to Katalon Automation Recorder again?

What i am trying to do is to record certain test cases from one PC and to export it in any format and run it using another PC’s Katalon Automation Recorder

1 Like

That is exactly what I am looking for as well. Or where are the test stored on my pc. So I can back them up.

Not sure were you guys are referring to but you are talking about Katalon Studio and not the Katalon Recorder (Browser extension) right?

1. If about Katalon Studio itself were you can find all your saved test files (full project)?
2. Katalon Recorder > Katalon Recorder: Exporting to some script and save > You edit this and then want to import it back to be a valid test case that is usable in the Katalon recorder?
3. You want to export test cases from **Katalon Studio **to Katalon Recorder and use this in the browser plugin?

Anyway this forum is related to the browser extension.

1 Like

HEllo,

i don’t know if it’s the good topic.

Indeed, with selenium I were using Preferences.getString(“testCaseDirectory”); to get the directory of my test.

But how can do that with katalon recorder ?

thank you,

Patrick Groot said:

Not sure were you guys are referring to but you are talking about Katalon Studio and not the Katalon Recorder (Browser extension) right?

1. If about Katalon Studio itself were you can find all your saved test files (full project)?
2. Katalon Recorder > Katalon Recorder: Exporting to some script and save > You edit this and then want to import it back to be a valid test case that is usable in the Katalon recorder?
3. You want to export test cases from **Katalon Studio **to Katalon Recorder and use this in the browser plugin?

Anyway this forum is related to the browser extension.

I am guessing he’s referring to the 2nd option. I am also interested in this. If I export a TC created in Katalon Recorder (browser extension), and then modify (or share) it, how can I then import this file back into Katalon Recorder (browser extension)?

Unless i’m missing something here, in Katalon Automation Recorder you would do as follows:

1. Right click on the name of the test suite you want to save and click Save Test Suite As…
2. Select a location and specify a filename when a file dialogue is displayed
3. Copy the file created to the new PC
4. Open up KAR on there and select the folder icon (to the right of the “Test Suites” heading)
5. Select the file from the file dialogue and open it
6. Test suite should now be imported

Hope that helps.

PS. The file created is an HTML document (just like Selenium IDE creates), so you could technically edit this document in a text editor and as long as you use a valid syntax with valid commands, then this modified file should import back in fine.

1 Like