Dear our @trust_level_2, @trust_level_3, and @trust_level_4 members,
First of all, thank you for your contribution to our community thus far, and we hope you will continue to be such valuable members in the future.
This community was initially created and managed by our developer team along with some of our long-time members such as Russ, until our team took over in late 2021/early 2022.
Afterward, we did implement some changes to the forum itself e.g. The UI revamp, de-cluttering the old categories, introducing the Kudos board, etc. Yet, we have also received feedback from our longtimers that the forum now is not like what it used to be e.g. quite a few enthusiastic members have left or been inactive on the forum, lack of meaningful conversations around the forum, etc.
While we cannot turn the clock back, what we can do now is listen to your feedback on the current state of the community and work with you to improve it together.
Since many of you have been here for longer than us, you have seen it all; hence, what are some of the things you notice about our forum that works well, need improving/changing, or any feature that should be implemented or removed? Feel free to let us know below
We are aware that some TL4 members are Katalians as well, and we encourage you to join in the conversation below
Some of the things at the top of my mind include:
- The category and tagging system is a bit “too much” as mentioned by @Russ_Thomas , could you tell us more?
- @bionel mentioned that new members tend to ignore Russ’ topic on how to ask the community effectively, which results in poorly-formatted topics. How can we encourage new members to better format and structure their topics?
- Your thoughts on some of the currently-running programs, such as the Top Contributor program and the Kudos Rewards Scheme?
- Your thoughts on the forum’s UI and what changes can we make to improve new members’ navigational experiences, etc.
- What do you think about having a Job Board in our community? → Join the discussion here
- Anything else that you may think of?
Please note that while we take your feedback into consideration, it does not necessarily mean we will be able to implement them all.