Browser fails to open when test suite is executed with Runtime Engine

I have recently run into an issue preventing me from executing tests from the command line after upgrading Katalon Studio/Runtime Engine to version 8.3.0. I can execute individual test cases as expected from Katalon Studio, but not when running a test suite or test suite collection using KRE. When executing a test suite using KRE 8.3.0, the browser fails to open and no error message in printed in the console output. See below:

Chrome driver is located at: D:\Users\****\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-8.3.0\configuration\resources\temp\webdriver\chromedriver.exe
INFO: KATALON_JAVA_HOME: null

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Suites/Example
- Chrome - 20220413_145759...............................................0/1(0%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Launcher status after execution process completed: Terminated

Test Suites/Example
- Chrome - 20220413_145759...............................................0/1(0%)

Execution completed. Exit code: 0.
Start clean up session
End check license task
End clean up session
Start release license task
License released
End release license task
All launchers terminated

If the same test suite is run using KRE 8.2.5, the browser fails to open and the following error is printed to the console:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities.chrome()
The full stack trace is attached as a file.stacktrace.txt (11.6 KB)

Chrome version on my system: 100.0.4896.88
I have tried disabling the driver auto update and replacing the KRE chromedriver with v99 and v101 to no avail.

My com.kms.katalon.core.webui.chrome.properties file:
{"CHROME_DRIVER":{"args":["--window-size\u003d1920,1080","--window-position\u003d0,0"]}}

My KRE command

katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="%PROJECT_DIR%\UI-Tests\%PROJECT_FILE%" -retry=0 ^
-testSuitePath="Test Suites/Regression Tests" ^
-executionProfile="qa" -browserType="Chrome" -apiKey="%KATALON_API_KEY%" ^
-consoleLog --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

If anyone else is experiencing a similar issue, please let me know. I have previously had no issues with KRE 8.2.5 for the entire time it was released. I’m very puzzled why rolling back from 8.3.0 to 8.2.5 didn’t solve my issue. If anyone needs more info or has ideas, please let me know.

hi @jvisser,

Could you please help to provide more information:

• Which Chrome version is installed on your machine?
  • When running with KRE, any asking about network access?

From my side, running with your configuration via KRE and NOT seeing issue

It runs well on KRE

@loc.nguyen, thank you for your response. I found the cause of the issue. It was caused by upgrading the following dependency in my build.gradle file to version 4.4.1
implementation group: 'com.deque.html.axe-core', name: 'selenium', version: '4.3.1'
It seems the NoSuchMethodError was caused by conflicting versions of selenium on the classpath.