Katalon Studio cost much memory

The Katalon Studio costs much memory, why this happened?

搜狗截图20171215101350.png

Hi simple,

Is there any running test execution at that time? Your screenshot doesn’t provide much information in this case, so please help me to double check again that.

Regards

@“Vinh Nguyen” there is no running test execution and I closed all other applications except Chrome and Katalon Studio, my environment is Win10

@simple: Is there any tab opened from Katalon Studio?

@“Vinh Nguyen” this is my current status for the Katalon Studio, I closed all other applications.

搜狗截图20171215161741.png

Can you add the following lines to katalon.ini file and try re-open Katalon Studio?

-XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=1
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=2
-XX:+UseSerialGC

@“Vinh Nguyen” It’s great, the memory costs become 400+M. Thanks for your help

@Vinh Nguyen is there a cost to adding those lines to the katalon.ini file? For example does Katalon Studio run slower or test scripts execute slower?

Katalon Studio went from 754 MB memory used down to 445MB with those lines added to the ini file (Katalon Studio had 2 Test Suite tabs and 1 Test case tab opened). Just want to make sure there is no downside to adding those lines to the .ini file.

Thanks

I think there is no downside or it. It just provides you a way to recycle your memory, see this page:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html

hi,

How to solve ‘out of memory’ java error???

1 Like

dee said:

hi,

How to solve ‘out of memory’ java error???

I have the same problem

Hello everyone,

Katalon Studio version 7.0.0 is enhanced to reduce memory consumption by adding some JVM options.

Please first check out the release note and click here to download if you want to try out version 7.0.0 (beta).

Cheers

Jass

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.