• Appium Logs: N/A

• Application file N/A

## Steps to reproduce

1. Start Katalon Studio

2. Start Mobile Spy

3. Select an iOS simulator

4. Select the iOS .app file

5. Click Start

6. Observe that the test does not start and that there is an error about Xcode version 0.0 not being supported.

## Expected Behavior

The tests should run if Xcode 10 is installed.

## Actual Behavior

The test does not start and that there is an error about Xcode version 0.0 not being supported.

**## Screenshots / Videos: **

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 5.16.56 PM.png

A workaround is to download and install a separate version of Xcode 9.4.1 and set that as the primary version of Xcode when you’re running Katalon tests:

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode9.4.1.app/Contents/Developer
1 Like

Thanks for this Chris. This was driving me crazy for a while. You don’t happen to know know approx if/when a version to support xcode 10 will be released, do you?

Hi Thomas, unfortunately, I don’t have any insight into the Katalon release schedule.

is there any update on this issue? where is the Katalon support team?

Since this is coming up more often, here is a more detailed explanation of the workaround:

1 Like

It looks like Xcode10 and iOS12 ARE supported with Appium 1.8.2-beta:

npm install -g appium@1.8.2-beta

Hi, Chris
i’ve got problem when running the IPA to real device,
i’ve follow your step to downgrade to XCode but error shown like to screenshot, can you help me?

thanks

Hi @Joko_T_Susilo_Widodo,

After my original post, it was brought to my attention that Katalon can support Xcode 10 now if we use Appium 1.8.2-beta. So, you don’t need to maintain 2 versions of Xcode any more - you can get rid of the Xcode 9.4 version if it’s less confusing that way.

If you have Xcode 10 installed in your /Applications/Xcode location, you can select it on the command line with:

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

You can install appium 1.8.2-beta with:

npm install -g appium@1.8.2-beta

If you’re still having issues, please check out this forum post with several troubleshooting steps:

If none of those options work, please let me know.

– Chris

Hi Chris,

I’ve install appium 1.8.2-beta, but error still same like before
is there another way to fix this?

Thanks

Hi @Joko_T_Susilo_Widodo,

Do you have access to the source code for the application? Are you able to build and run it on a simulator through Xcode? That might be a good first step.

If you are able to run it in Xcode, another issue could be that IPA files are usually built for real device architectures and code signed, so if you are trying to run an IPA on a simulator on your machine, it might not be compatible. In that case you would definitely need a .app file built for a simulator in order to test.

Hope this helps,

Chris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.