Will Katalon Support GraphQL API requests?

So just started using Katalon officially, and it was fine with some parts of our software using regular Rest API calls, but our newer stuff is using GraphQL requests.

I found Katalon doesn’t support it. I found two options:

1. create a keyword
  2. use Katalium

But I would much rather have built-in support. I know some Katalon Competitors are implementing GraphQL request but was wonder when Katalon will do the same.

1 Like

Hello Katalon team. do we have GraphQL Support ?

As far as i know, GraphQL’s resurces are served over http by simple GET and POST requests, using json content type.
So, REST api calls should just work.
What exactly do you need from Katalon side to implement? I have to admit, I never used it.

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce the release of Katalon Studio version 8.4.0.beta, which provides you with a proof-of-concept for GraphQL testing. Go for it here. Any early feedback is much appreciated.

GraphQL is well-known among API consumers due to its popularity and accessibility. Wonder how GraphQL significantly improves the efficiency and performance of API calls in Katalon Studio. Follow our detailed instructions at [API Testing] GraphQL (PoC).

We gratefully await your responses!
Shin

P/s: Kindly note that this PoC is not ready for production use. We recommend using this PoC for evaluation purposes only.