Where does WebUI.takeScreenshot() actually save the screenshot?

I’ve been searching all over my drive, user folders, temp folders etc… i can’t find where the WebUI.takeScreenshot() saves the file.

That’s great, thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for the answer.

May i suggest you include this information in the documentation of the function? And also maybe allow users to specify a location for storing the screenshots, like you can do with the mobile version of this function?

Hi there,

I’ve added these notes into ‘Take Screenshot’ keyword’s page :). We will also plan to let users specify custom location in future releases. Thanks for suggesting that.

Regards

Hi there,

The temp folder of Katalon Studio when you execute test case is stored in here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Katalon\Test Cases.

In this folder, you will find the executed test case along with its folder’s report. If you capture any screenshot using ’Take Screenshot' keyword, it will be stored in folder’s report.

By default, screenshot will be captured automatically on failed step which interacts with the browser. The settings is available at Project -> Settings -> Report. Captured screenshot will be stored in ‘Image’ tab of test suite report:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Test+Suite+Report#TestSuiteReport-TestLogsDetails

1 Like

Hi there.
Could you please help me ?
I wanna take a screenshot with stamp (Date and time),

Thanks in advance

Abdullah Al-Tamimi said:

Hi there.
Could you please help me ?
I wanna take a screenshot with stamp (Date and time),

Thanks in advance

I already posted an answer

Just for reference that takescreenshot is customizable. You can tell it where to put the screenshot and if the folder doesn’t exist it makes it.

for example:
WebUI.takeScreenshot(’\\\C:\\Katalon Screenshots\\TestName\\01 Screenshot of page.jpg’)

3 Likes

Even if you want to use paths relative to the project folder you can do something like this:

WebUI.takeScreenshot('Screenshots/screenshot.jpg')

Note that this will only work without a leading slash or backslash.

But I am still missing a way to use the space-saving JPG format instead of PNG.

Thank you BL !!

1 Like

Hello guys

I’m beginner in Katalon Studio. But I have already noticed how powerful this tool is.
I have a question to you regarding screenshots. For individual test cases it is working perfectly (just went to Test Cases dir and found them there). However I created one test suite with 4 test cases and once I ran whole suite - I don’t have any dir with execution/screenshots. Or maybe I just cannot find it…I would expect folder Test Suite but it is not created

Thanks in advance for help
Tomasz

@Tomasz W Reports are stored in the “/Reports” folder. B)

Relegated to Rookie level :#

By the way, how can I get Vanilla.Discussions.Edit permission? :wink: I wanted to edit my previous post to say thank you, but it does not work :confused:

1. You are welcome.
2. I think it is a forum bug, I seem to remember seeing it somewhere on the forum.

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi there,

I’ve added these notes into ‘Take Screenshot’ keyword’s page :). We will also plan to let users specify custom location in future releases. Thanks for suggesting that.

Regards

I’m using Katalon 5.6.0 and help for TakeScreenshot keyword, opens: “https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/webui-take-screenshot.html” and there is no mention in that page of the folder where screenshots can be found. Can you, please, review it? Thanks.

As I mentioned above

WebUI.takeScreenshot(’\\\C:\\Katalon Screenshots\\TestName\\01 Screenshot of page.jpg’)

If you put the path of where you want the screenshots it will store them there. If the folder does not exist it will create them. You can also set up reporting to email you a report which will show all the screenshots in it.

1 Like

thanks,the question help me too!

@Dobromir_Manchev, the below code would get you the location of the screenshot.

WebUI.openBrowser('https://www.google.com/')

String path = WebUI.takeScreenshot()

System.err.println(path)

1 Like

@Zarashima,

can we customize the default failure screenshot location : C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Katalon\Test Cases.

Thank you in advance !

Cheers