Where are recorded videos saved on the PC?

Video recording during execution is an awesome feature. I’d like to send the video to the client. Where are the video files saved on the PC?

Hi Joseph

Take a look in your user folder under Katalon Studio. There you should find your project folder which contains a Reports folder. There you should find all your execution reports.

For me, it looks like this:

C:\Users\Russ\Katalon Studio\my-project-name\Reports\my-suite-name\20180215_140509\videos

1 Like

Hi Russ,

Thanks for that. I’ve found it :slight_smile:

Russ Thomas said:

Hi Joseph

Take a look in your user folder under Katalon Studio. There you should find your project folder which contains a Reports folder. There you should find all your execution reports.

For me, it looks like this:

C:\Users\Russ\Katalon Studio\my-project-name\Reports\my-suite-name\20180215_140509\videos

Hello Russ. I am using the latest version of Katalon Studio v5.5.0. I am unable to see the video in the path you have mentioned.

My path says
C:\Users\\Katalon Studio\MySampleProject\Reports\\20180723_104648\

There is no folder called ‘Videos’ present there. Please help me with this.

I don’t use collections but I would expect them to be stored further down the hierarchy.

Did you check your settings? https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Video+Capturing

1 Like

Hey @Russ Thomas I have enabled the settings to capture videos during test execution. One observation I have made is that the videos are saved locally only for the Test Suites and not for Collections. Is there a way to do that or wait for a future release?

I don’t use collections so I have no idea.

If it’s any help, what you could do, is combine your test suites externally in a shell script (batch file). Then you should get your videos.

If you genuinely think you’ve discovered a bug, you should post it in the bugs forum.

If you are using a program to record, you can check settings to find where are the files.
And FoneLab screen recorder is recommended to you.
It enables users to record video, audio and webcam contents without lag. And you can easily take screenshots on windows or mac easily.