Use the Commande-Line Runner

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-recorder/docs/command-line-runner.html

Command-line Runner of Katalon Recorder — is it free? or charged like KRE?

@kazurayam

It is free, it’s part of our initiatives to expand Katalon Recorder functionalities to become a better web automation tool for the community.

Failed to install kr-cli, please help

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 6.20.13 PM

@sonya.song

Hi, please use npm i katalon-recorder-cli instead. We’ll update the documentation!

How to run only one test case on the command line

When I run the command, the current folder path is always appended before the path specified in the pathToHtmlFile. Why ?

Error during parallel startup

I tried to install the KR CLI. I’m on windows, and I don’t possess the admin access right on my pc.
I created a folder on my desktop and tried in npm the command npm i -g katalon-recorder-cli
But When npm tried to install, it failed with this error:

Extracting zip contents to C:\Users\amadese\AppData\Local\Temp\1\90.0.4430.24\chromedriver.
Copying to target path C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\chromedriver\lib\chromedriver
Done. ChromeDriver binary available at C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\chromedriver\lib\chromedriver\chromedriver.exe

> geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\geckodriver
> node index.js

Downloading geckodriver... (node:19828) ExperimentalWarning: The dns.promises API is experimental
events.js:167
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

RequestError: connect ECONNREFUSED 140.82.121.3:443
    at ClientRequest.request.once (C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\got\dist\source\core\index.js:956:111)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:187:15)
    at ClientRequest.origin.emit.args (C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\@szmarczak\http-timer\dist\source\index.js:43:20)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:392:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1117:14)
Emitted 'error' event at:
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
npm WARN ws@8.2.3 requires a peer of bufferutil@^4.0.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ws@8.2.3 requires a peer of utf-8-validate@^5.0.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall: `node index.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

I tried several times but it’s still the same issue.

Could you please help me with that?

Error when starting in docker