Use the Commande-Line Runner

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-recorder/docs/command-line-runner.html

Command-line Runner of Katalon Recorder — is it free? or charged like KRE?

@kazurayam

It is free, it’s part of our initiatives to expand Katalon Recorder functionalities to become a better web automation tool for the community.

Failed to install kr-cli, please help

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 6.20.13 PM

@sonya.song

Hi, please use npm i katalon-recorder-cli instead. We’ll update the documentation!

How to run only one test case on the command line

When I run the command, the current folder path is always appended before the path specified in the pathToHtmlFile. Why ?

Error during parallel startup

I tried to install the KR CLI. I’m on windows, and I don’t possess the admin access right on my pc.
I created a folder on my desktop and tried in npm the command npm i -g katalon-recorder-cli
But When npm tried to install, it failed with this error:

Extracting zip contents to C:\Users\amadese\AppData\Local\Temp\1\90.0.4430.24\chromedriver.
Copying to target path C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\chromedriver\lib\chromedriver
Done. ChromeDriver binary available at C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\chromedriver\lib\chromedriver\chromedriver.exe

> geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\geckodriver
> node index.js

Downloading geckodriver... (node:19828) ExperimentalWarning: The dns.promises API is experimental
events.js:167
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

RequestError: connect ECONNREFUSED 140.82.121.3:443
    at ClientRequest.request.once (C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\got\dist\source\core\index.js:956:111)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:273:13)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:187:15)
    at ClientRequest.origin.emit.args (C:\Users\amadese\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\node_modules\@szmarczak\http-timer\dist\source\index.js:43:20)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:392:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1117:14)
Emitted 'error' event at:
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
npm WARN ws@8.2.3 requires a peer of bufferutil@^4.0.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ws@8.2.3 requires a peer of utf-8-validate@^5.0.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall: `node index.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the geckodriver@2.0.4 postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

I tried several times but it’s still the same issue.

Could you please help me with that?

Error when starting in docker

When using the command line runner in Ubuntu on firefox the Tests are not executed most of the times. First firefox is opened and “https://www.katalon.com/sign-up/?utm_source=browser%20store&utm_campaign=installed%20KR” is opened, no second window is opened and the commands arent executed. In the logs only “[INFO] Message: listening on *:3500” is shown and after a while Firefox crashes.
Could anyone please help me with this?

When will the next update be?

Hi there,

We plan to update the Firefox extension this summer. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good afternoon.
kr-cli (current version 1.1.0) uses katalon-recorder version 5.4.20, and the current version of katalon-recorder for chrome browser 5.8.3. The difference in versions is significant, which leads to different results. kr-cli is not updated when a new version of katalon-recorder is released, which is very sad. How to update the katalon-recorder plugin for kr-cli correctly?

Updating in the folder C:\Users\TestUser\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\katalon-recorder-cli\katalon-recorder katalon-recorder plugin, but when I run kr-cli in the console, I get an error and the test does not start

Periodically, when using firefox for krcli, the test does not start. Hanging message >> [INFO] Message: listening on *:3500. There is no such problem for chrome.