Upgraded to 5.7.0 and getting nullPointerExceptions

Downloaded the latest version of Katalon and am now seeing the error below. Any help is appreciated!

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.migrateLegacyGlobalVariable(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProjectWithoutClasspath(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:78)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.ProjectFileServiceManager.openProject(ProjectFileServiceManager.java:61)

at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.openProject(ProjectFileServiceDataProvider.java:24)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:94)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:249)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:155)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:90)

at com.kms.katalon.console.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:56)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

ZS,

What was your previous version of Katalon? I imagine the devs will want to know that.

I think the one just before 5.7.0 as I had installed it recently

To give this some context:

I have an image which is using the katalon studio image: https://github.com/katalon-studio/docker-images and I’ve downloaded my project files in that image.

on my local I’m calling a script which looks like:

katalon_opts='-retry=0 -statusDelay=15 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest"docker run --rm -v my/local/project/root/dir:/katalon/katalon/source:ro -v /my/local/report/dir:/katalon/katalon/report -e KATALON_OPTS="$katalon_opts" MyDockerImageIn the previous version of Katalon Studio I kept getting the error /Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest not foundSo I thought it may be an issue with the version I'm using, maybe it doesn't support test suite collections (because it worked with normal test suites)and I upgraded it to the latest version. Now the same command to run the shell script above is resulting in the exception I posted.Hope this helps?

no idea what’s happened to the styling above! apologies but I can’t edit the post!

Are you using sample project?

Use the Settings/cog top right of the post (the Edit link at the bottom has issues).

ZS said:

To give this some context:

I have an image which is using the katalon studio image: https://github.com/katalon-studio/docker-images and I’ve downloaded my project files in that image.

on my local I’m calling a script which looks like:

katalon_opts='-retry=0 -statusDelay=15 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest"docker run --rm -v my/local/project/root/dir:/katalon/katalon/source:ro -v /my/local/report/dir:/katalon/katalon/report -e KATALON_OPTS="$katalon_opts" MyDockerImageIn the previous version of Katalon Studio I kept getting the error /Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest not foundSo I thought it may be an issue with the version I'm using, maybe it doesn't support test suite collections (because it worked with normal test suites)and I upgraded it to the latest version. Now the same command to run the shell script above is resulting in the exception I posted.Hope this helps?

Are you using our sample project because you said you download your project files from that image?

No I’m not using your sample project. I’ve got my own.

I meant I am using the katalon studio image as the base of another image which is being used in a container to download my project files as a jar file from the nexus repo

ZS said:

No I’m not using your sample project. I’ve got my own.

I meant I am using the katalon studio image as the base of another image which is being used in a container to download my project files as a jar file from the nexus repo

Can you send me your project?

Unfortunately I can’t. Happy to go through the debugging steps you suggest

OK there is a .prj file within your project’s folder. Can you just copy for me the content from this file here?

Sure. I’ve just omitted name and uuid.

<Project>
   <description></description>
   <tag></tag>
   <migratedVersion>5.7.0</migratedVersion>
   <pageLoadTimeout>0</pageLoadTimeout>
   <sourceContent>
      <sourceFolderList>
         <sourceFolderConfiguration>
            <url>Include/scripts/groovy</url>
         </sourceFolderConfiguration>
      </sourceFolderList>
      <systemFolderList>
         <systemFolderConfiguration>
            <url>Include/scripts/groovy</url>
         </systemFolderConfiguration>
         <systemFolderConfiguration>
            <url>Include/features</url>
         </systemFolderConfiguration>
      </systemFolderList>
   </sourceContent>
</Project>

Sure. I’ve just omitted name and uuid.

<Project>

Include/scripts/groovy

Include/scripts/groovy

Include/features

Change to ** 5.4.0** will fix your problem**.**

However the main question is which Katalon Studio version you’ve used in your command before? And for now? You said you use our base image, so looks like its version is 5.4?

That fixed it! It’s now back to the original bug

Test suite ‘/Test Suites/mytestsuite’ not found.

should I open a new thread for that?

ZS said:

That fixed it! It’s now back to the original bug

Test suite ‘/Test Suites/mytestsuite’ not found.

should I open a new thread for that?

Have you checked if you passed in the correct path of the Test Suite?

One letter should’ve been in caps and it wasn’t! Wow…been trying to fix this since morning!

Thanks for your very prompt responses!

Ah, another question is which Katalon Studio version you’ve used in your command before? You said you use our base image, so looks like its version is 5.4?

It’s strange because if you upgraded your Katalon Studio to 5.7, then when you open your project it should not throw an error in this case.
Is there any chance you use Katalon Studio 5.7 to open the project once, and Katalon Studio version used in your command is NOT 5.7? Just a guess

I never got the error when i opened Katalon Studio. Just when I ran the commands.