Update Web Driver Ubuntu Linux Pipeline

Having an issue getting -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true to run on an Ubuntu Linux host we are creating. The host has Chrome 124 and we when running from Azure Devops Pipeline it’s using chromedriver 122, which I think is simply what is downloaded with 9.3.1. Trying to figure out if there is some sort of environment variable that needs to be set, or maybe some logging we can turn on to figure out what is going on.
We are setting up our own host to allow for network login, but some as some tests can be run externally I’ve also tried Azure’s linux host which is also Ubuntu and same args as you see below work fine, it updates chromedriver to 124. So we just cannot figure out why it doesn’t run on our host

I’ve tried running command line chrome --version and it writes out 124, so believe Katalon should be able to see it.
I did run into one odd thing with the -apiKey arg, that on linux it had to go before any global variable replacements (none in the example below), so wondering if something needs to be different. But since the Azure public host works, can’t figure out why it’s not updating.

executeArgs: '-noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="$(system.defaultworkingdirectory)/QAAutomation/xyz/QAAutomation.prj" -maxFailedTests=10 -retry=0 -retryStrategy=immediately -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Other_debugging/Public Portal - Small" -browserType="Chrome" -executionProfile="${{ parameters.executionProfile }}" -apiKey=$(KATALON_API_KEY) -orgID=xxxxx --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true'
1 Like

Hi @james.samson ,

Thank you for sharing your issue. There are a lot of experienced people here willing to help you. Sorry that I do not have great experience in this.