Unable to switch to WebView on Windows 10 Android Emulator

Hello,

I created my test on my Mac using Katalon 5.10.0. The application is a hybrid Ionic Cordova. The switch to WebView works on testing our Android application via the emulator on Mac OS. When I run the same script to install, launch and switch to WebView, the test just hangs with no message. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi @Paul_Kanaris, did you find a solution to the problem. I am facing the same issue. Can you please provide the solution it would be of great help.

Thanks,
Sravya

Hi Sravya,

The first thing that comes to mind is the version of Chrome on the emulator. You must have Chrome version 61 or above for Appium to work with WebView.
Next I am running Appium desktop package 1.6.1. We are waiting to upgrade for the new release of Katalon that supports the higher versions of Appium.
Try the Chome install first and let me know if that helps.

I downloaded the older version of Chorme package from
https://androidapksfree.com/chrome/com-android-chrome/old/

Thank you,
Paul

1 Like

If I use UC Browser instead of chrome, is uc browser help me to solve this problem?. is uc browser work in this emulator or not?. I get uc browser from this source. Help me if you know about how uc browser work in emulator. Thanks