Unable to start application on this device: an unknown server-side (Windows)

It works Thanks Alice Chou

1 Like

Solved thanks Alice!

1 Like

Hi,

I am getting the error using the local device, An unknown server-side error occurred, PFA. Help me out in solving this. Thanks in Advance!

Capture.JPG

Nguyễn Minh Tuáș„n said:

@Vinh Nguyen
Can you help me understand the problem I am facing?

I am also having this issue, pls. advice on what needs to be done to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Hi Trina,

Can you confirm which version of Appium you’re using? If it’s version 1.9.1, you might need to downgrade to 1.8.1. Can you post a screenshot of your error?

hi, I have the same issue, but is is not solved
please help

my appium is 1.8.1

issue.png

Hi, I haven’t experienced this issue myself, but according to some Android documentation, it may have to do with how the APK is being signed. It looks like you need to use zipalign then apksigner.

If the signing process is something you can control, then you can follow the instructions here:

https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing#signing-manually

Otherwise, you may need to consult with your developers to make a change.

Hope this helps,

Chris

I have same problem
My appium is 1.7.1
Please help me

2018-10-31_1058.png

Hi Mr. Rabbits,

This might be an issue with Android tools and Xiaomi devices. I found this github thread that might help: https://github.com/openstf/stf/issues/603

More suggestions from StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47239251/install-failed-user-restricted-android-studio-using-redmi-4-device

- Chris

Hi @Chris Trevarthen

I am facing some issue, could you please help me to fix this issue.

When I hit on start icon, it starts to capture object, but it does not get stopped, it keeps loading.

2018-11-07_18h17_34.png

Hi Siva,

Does the same thing happen when you use Katalon Spy Mobile as well (this won’t record tests, but does let you capture objects)?

- Chris

jaiveer said:

Guys I have found the solution and i think katalon team should hire me because nobody from their side come in front with a proper solution.

Solution :
In iOS first you uninstall the application from your device .
Open your Xcode go to window then Device & Simulator and then add your application again
Now try ,it will work.

Hi please can you give me a configuration that can detect ios devices ?
I mean a version of macOS, of Xcode, of Katalon Studio, 

Thanks a lot

Chris Trevarthen said:

Hi Siva,

Does the same thing happen when you use Katalon Spy Mobile as well (this won’t record tests, but does let you capture objects)?

- Chris

Hi @Chris Trevarthen

I downloaded and installed salesforce-15.2.apk in my system and I installed salesforce mobile app in my mobile, when I try to capture the login page, It is keep loading, I have tried in both spy mobile and record mobile options, it does not capture the object.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue

Hi Siva,

Can you capture any other screens? I’m asking because Android lets developers set certain screens as “secure”, meaning they can’t have screenshots taken. This is often done on login screens and credit card entry screens. I’m wondering if this is why you can’t capture the login form.

- Chris

Hi @Christian LĂ©vesque

I am trying to automate mobile testing for salesforce application. I installed
Appium 1.8.1
Katalon Version: 5.8.6
I am using Vysor chrome extension
While I am starting to record, I am facing error below error.

Apk File.png

Device_View.png

Error.png

Hi Siva,

Does that error occur on its own, or when you start to interact with the app? My first guess is that there is an additional Salesforce app called Chatter that needs to also be installed on the device or simulator (I could be wrong about that, but it might explain why it says it can’t start it).

If that doesn’t seem like the case, to troubleshoot further, providing some logs will be necessary. Could you check your Katalon Studio for a directory named “.metadata” and see if there are any log files in there? If so, could you please send them so I can take a look to see if anything else stands out?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Trevarthen said:

Hi Siva,

Does that error occur on its own, or when you start to interact with the app? My first guess is that there is an additional Salesforce app called Chatter that needs to also be installed on the device or simulator (I could be wrong about that, but it might explain why it says it can’t start it).

If that doesn’t seem like the case, to troubleshoot further, providing some logs will be necessary. Could you check your Katalon Studio for a directory named “.metadata” and see if there are any log files in there? If so, could you please send them so I can take a look to see if anything else stands out?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chirs,

I installed my salesforce app in mobile device. I am using vysor. It is chrome externsion, it was working as a real device.

Please find the log files in the below

.log

Facing the same error in the latest version too.

Any solution for this ?

hai guys,
can u help me about my problem ?
i have trouble with this image

Hi @yoogii20,

Here’s some info that might be helpful to troubleshoot the INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES error you’re seeing with your Android app:

Hope this helps,

Chris