Unable to spy in mobile test, capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: deviceId

Hi,

I’m new user of Katalon studio and get stuck in mobile spy.
From the log file I got an info that Appium not recognized capabilites were provided by Katalon.

Below is full log:

[Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.7.2

[Appium] Non-default server args:

[Appium] port: 62222

[Appium] chromeDriverPort: 62228

[Appium] tmpDir: C:\Users\nurhadi\AppData\Local\Temp\\Katalon\Appium\Temp1516842918670

[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:62222

[HTTP] → GET /wd/hub/status {}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args:

[debug] [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.7.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] ← GET /wd/hub/status 200 37 ms - 72

[HTTP] → GET /wd/hub/status {}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getStatus() with args:

[debug] [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getStatus() result: {“build”:{“version”:“1.7.2”,“revision”:null}}

[HTTP] ← GET /wd/hub/status 200 56 ms - 72

[HTTP] → POST /wd/hub/session {“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Software\\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk”,“appWaitActivity”:“appWaitActivity”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:“emulator-5554”,“deviceName”:“Emulator ( - Android 6.0)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“emulator-5554”},“capabilities”:{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Software\\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk”,“appWaitActivity”:“appWaitActivity”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:“emulator-5554”,“deviceName”:“Emulator ( - Android 6.0)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“emulator-5554”},“firstMatch”:[{“platformName”:“android”}]}}

[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{“app”:“C:\\Software\\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk”,“appWaitActivity”:“appWaitActivity”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:“emulator-5554”,“deviceName”:“Emulator ( - Android 6.0)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“emulator-5554”},null,{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:“C:\\Software\\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk”,“appWaitActivity”:“appWaitActivity”,“autoGrantPermissions”:true,“deviceId”:“emulator-5554”,“deviceName”:“Emulator ( - Android 6.0)”,“fullReset”:false,“newCommandTimeout”:1800,“noReset”:true,“platform”:“ANDROID”,“platformName”:“Android”,“udid”:“emulator-5554”},“firstMatch”:[{“platformName”:“android”}]}]

[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘newSessionRequested’ logged at 1516842930919 (09:15:30 GMT+0800 (Taipei Standard Time))

[Appium] Merged W3C capabilities {“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"C:\\Software\\BL… into desiredCapabilities object {“app”:"C:\\Software\\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk…

[Appium] Creating new AndroidDriver (v1.37.0) session

[Appium] Capabilities:

[Appium] app: C:\Software\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk

[Appium] appWaitActivity: appWaitActivity

[Appium] autoGrantPermissions: true

[Appium] deviceId: emulator-5554

[Appium] deviceName: Emulator ( - Android 6.0)

[Appium] fullReset: false

[Appium] newCommandTimeout: 1800

[Appium] noReset: true

[Appium] platform: ANDROID

[Appium] platformName: android

[Appium] udid: emulator-5554

[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: deviceId, platform.

[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: ff47ae9c-2d10-4fa1-92d9-f15e993562cd

[debug] [AndroidDriver] Getting Java version

[AndroidDriver] Java version is: 1.8.0_102

[ADB] Checking whether adb is present

[ADB] Using adb.exe from C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe

[AndroidDriver] Retrieving device list

[debug] [ADB] Trying to find a connected android device

[debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices…

[debug] [ADB] 1 device(s) connected

[AndroidDriver] Using device: emulator-5554

[ADB] Checking whether adb is present

[debug] [ADB] Setting device id to emulator-5554

[BaseDriver] Using local app ‘C:\Software\BL_v4.6.3_apkpure.com.apk’

[debug] [AndroidDriver] Checking whether app is actually present

[AndroidDriver] Starting Android session

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: [“-P”,5037,“-s”,“emulator-5554”,“wait-for-device”]

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: [“-P”,5037,“-s”,“emulator-5554”,“shell”,“echo”,“ping”]

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: [“-P”,5037,“-s”,“emulator-5554”,“shell”,“echo”,“ping”]

[debug] [ADB] Restarting adb

[debug] [ADB] Killing adb server on port 5037

[debug] [ADB] Running ‘C:\Users\nurhadi\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe’ with args: [“-P”,5037,“-s”,“emulator-5554”,“wait-for-device”]

[debug] [ADB] Restarting adb

[debug] [ADB] Killing adb server on port 5037

My environment:
1. Appium v.1.7.2
2. Android emulator Nexus_4_API_23
3. Emulator is detected from abd devices and udid is emulator-5554

Notes:
I try to run Appium from Eclipse-testNG, with the same emulator Appium able to run the test.

Could anyone please help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Hadi

Hi Hadi,

Is this issue always happens for every emulators? Have you tried with other emulators such as BlueStacks?

Regards

Hi Vinh,

Thanks for responding my questions

I already tried 2 emu come from avd manager and 1 real device, all of them have the same issue. I’m not sure if the emu was the root of problems, since I’ve tried to run the test using the same emu with other test framework (eclipse/testNG) and there’s no issue.

But let me try to use emu provided by BlueStacks, I haven’t tried yet, thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks,
Hadi

Anyway still no luck to spy mobile application, I tried to change the apk and used wordpress, the result still fail.

Anyone could share with me the environment that working for katalon spy?

Test env, i.e. Operating System, Appium version, Katalon Version, Emulator/real device detail (API …), and other things related to the test environment.

Thanks in advance,

Hadi