Unable to spy/capture objects in IE

Hi,
when the next version will be ready to fix IE 11 problem?

Hello,
I have similar issue which is mentioned in topic. I was trying to spy objects/record from IE 11 and nothing happens. I made all required configuration from this tutorial:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations
I have checked it on four different machines with windows 10 system, every had a latest katalon version and on three of them Iā€™m not able to record anything, one of them working correctly. After that Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s version issue or something in Katalon or IE itā€™s not appriopriate configured ?

Hello Maciej,
You mentioned that you run Katalon on IE11 on four machines and one of them is working, could you please advise what is the setting that you did it on that machine?
I appreciate your help.

Same issue here with Katalon Studio 5.3.0

Well, on FireFox and Chrome I m not capable of capturing the objects using the alt backquote or alt tilde key despite having remapped my keyboard from Swiss German to US. However I can record actions, forget about validation since I cannot caputure the objects. 5.3.1

I was not able to record in IE11 on Windows 10 also, then followed some oneā€™s advice to run Katalon Studio as Administrator, now it is working fine, I am able to spy capture and record scripts without problems. Hope this helps some one.

Run in administrator mode, not working as well.

Open IE > Click on Settings Symbol (top of the IE) > Click on Manage add-ons > Manage add-ons window will appear > Enable Object Spy Extension and Recorder Extension ( Enable button will be in down of the window) if it is also not working then try another method Go to Katalon studio > click on Spyweb > Run your url in IE > it will ask to install IE extension > click Ok it will automatically install the add-ons , then it will capture objects in IE also. Try it once , i can capture in IE also

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. The issue I face when do recording with IE is, the page is not loaded properly. The recording on login page is fine, with the performed actions listed in the Web Recorder window. After login, only several links (for navigation) on top of the page are there, but the main tables are not showing. With Chrome, and Firefox is OK.

Same problem with IE.

I am not able to record a test script on IE11, if website is added to ā€œCompatibility View Settingā€
I am able to record all other websites which are not added to compatibility view setting.
Is any solution/workaround available for the same?

With Katalon version 5.4.2 Build 1 and Internet Explorer version 11 am unable to spy and record. Any update on this?

1 Like

unable to run test on IE 11

Hi is there any update for this? Iā€™m still unable to use Object Spy with IE11

Katalon Studio 5.6.3.
Build: 1

IE11 11.0.9600.19035 (KB230450)

Both Add-ons are Enabled in IE11:

1. ObjectSpyExtension.ObjectSpyBHO
  2. RecorderExtension.RecorderBHO

manasa said:

Open IE > Click on Settings Symbol (top of the IE) > Click on Manage add-ons > Manage add-ons window will appear > Enable Object Spy Extension and Recorder Extension ( Enable button will be in down of the window) if it is also not working then try another method Go to Katalon studio > click on Spyweb > Run your url in IE > it will ask to install IE extension > click Ok it will automatically install the add-ons , then it will capture objects in IE also. Try it once , i can capture in IE also

It Helped Manasa ā€¦ able to capture the object now :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

In IE11, spy object result is not complete.
My Katalon version is : 5.8.6
Selection Method(Xpath) information is empty

Selection Method(Attributes) has information

why Selection Method(Xpath) information is empty? Is a bug?

Hi @Zarashima
It is happening for all the websites in IE. I am not able to identify only in IE. Object identification is fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Recording is also not working in IE for any of the websites. Again, this is fine in Firefox and Chrome.
Sometimes itā€™s working in IE as well.

My IE version is 11.