Unable to remove/delete object from the object repository.

I am facing one issue from last few days I am not able to delete object from my object repository.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Go to Object Repository
  2. Select an object to delete.
  3. Right click on it and select delete option.
  4. It will display alert message "Do yo want to delete Object … ? "
  5. Click on Yes button from the alert message.
  6. Check that object in object repository.

This will not delete the object.

Have no problem with it. Can you try with latest version?

I tried it but facing same problem, Is there any other settings for it?

1 Like

@“Vivek Saraf”: May I ask which version of Katalon that you are using?

1 Like

I am using 4.8 version

1 Like

Katalon has updated to 5.2 version. I’m using it and have no doubt when delete object as the issue you described. Could you please download 5.2 build then try again?

1 Like

I too had a bit of trouble with this for one particular object, if the normal delete does not work try to right click on object and then click ‘open containing folder’ which should take you to the exact file location in the directory. Delete it from there and then refresh folder in Katalon, hopefully that will get rid of that object.
I was using Katalon Version: 5.2.0 at the time.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue with Version 5.3.0

1 Like

I am also using version 5.3.0 (downloaded it from website on Monday, 2/12) and it will not delete an object from respository as well…having same issue with deleting from Test Cases folder as well…pls advise.

1 Like

Having the same issues , reinstalling katalon to different version doesn’t work
Installed newest 5.3.1.1 (MACOS)
And also older 5.0.0 (MACOS)
On both renaming/deleting doesn’t work properly

1 Like

Ok I found a solution to fix it.
If you have an IDE you can edit .meta file of that object and there change the name in the section

1 Like

I just started using Katalon in the last couple of weeks. When I first installed 5.3.1, it worked fine, then just stopped. I have the same issue on 5.4. I ended up using Windows Explorer to delete objects.

2 Likes

Some how I had a number of files within the Object Repository set to hidden.
Changing the files properties to unhidden for all sub-folders fixed my problem with renaming and deleting object repository items. Hopefully this may help others.

Screenshot_1.png

1 Like

I am running into the same issue with a particular project where I cannot delete an object in the Object Repository. Using the work around works.

Before the delete stopped working on my project, I started to the a null error when trying to delete. I tried making a new project and copying all the elements to it, but the repository is still not able to delete.

I have tried creating brand new project as a test, make a new recording and I can delete those objects. Running on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. Katalon Studio 5.4.1.1 latest release

This delete problem started happening yesterday on a fairly large project and really can’t go back from scratch.

1 Like

With the project that is “corrupted”, I cannot move Repository objects in it from within Katalon Studio. Unable to move the selection: null

I tried making sure none of the directories and files are read only. some where but setting them to be read/write did not seem to help.

Wish there was tool that could go in an validate the project and fix any issues*.

*I found a good workaround to this problem. What I did was copy all my repository objects from within Katalon Studio, creating a new project and pasted the objects, it copied all of them and allow me to delete and move again.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 9.07.33 AM.png

1 Like

Hi,

Based on my findings, i found that due to parenthesis () sign used in object naming, result to unable rename or delete the object from object repository. After removed this () sign, then only it works as usual.

Thank You.

1 Like

Sfs said:

Hi,

Based on my findings, i found that due to parenthesis () sign used in object naming, result to unable rename or delete the object from object repository. After removed this () sign, then only it works as usual.

Thank You.

Can you show us an example? I see ( ) used all the time when a name gets used again. How does removing it fix the issue? And how to do know what object is the Culprit?

1 Like

I too am having this problem. Due to the structure of my project, copying the repository is not an option. I have tried removing the parenthesis sign in the naming and was still unable to delete. I upgraded to the most recent version of Katalon today (5/13, version 5.4.2) and I am still experiencing this problem.

1 Like

Claire Wimberly said:

I too am having this problem. Due to the structure of my project, copying the repository is not an option. I have tried removing the parenthesis sign in the naming and was still unable to delete. I upgraded to the most recent version of Katalon today (5/13, version 5.4.2) and I am still experiencing this problem.

I’ve ran into this at least twice now. It is painful when it happens. My latest workaround has been to launch two instances of Katalon and copy the Repository, Test Cases and Test Suites into a new/clean project and then bring in the Defaults manually outside of Katalon with the Project Closed.

One thing I haven’t tried and will try this happens to me a third time, will be to be to copy the Repository and then try removing all the files in the current project and try copying them back, not sure at all if that will work, but it would save 3-4 steps.

I’ve also noticed on the Mac side that Katalon still has not fixed files and folders showing up in random order. It’s not alphabetized like the PC version.

I have gotten this delete/copy bug on the PC side yet either. Just the Mac version so far has been giving us problems. Anyone on PC having this isssue?

I really hope some of these issues can be worked on faster. I know this is a free product and all but fundamental things in a version 5.x release seems it should be better that it is currently.

I’ve posted other questions on this board with no responses and I check back on them daily. I’ll try to help out where I can on here. Just want everyone to share the love and help make this product better.

Todd

1 Like

Todd Bruss said:

Claire Wimberly said:

I’ve ran into this at least twice now. It is painful when it happens. My latest workaround has been to launch two instances of Katalon and copy the Repository, Test Cases and Test Suites into a new/clean project and then bring in the Defaults manually outside of Katalon with the Project Closed.

One thing I haven’t tried and will try this happens to me a third time, will be to be to copy the Repository and then try removing all the files in the current project and try copying them back, not sure at all if that will work, but it would save 3-4 steps.

I’ve also noticed on the Mac side that Katalon still has not fixed files and folders showing up in random order. It’s not alphabetized like the PC version.

I have gotten this delete/copy bug on the PC side yet either. Just the Mac version so far has been giving us problems. Anyone on PC having this isssue?

I really hope some of these issues can be worked on faster. I know this is a free product and all but fundamental things in a version 5.x release seems it should be better that it is currently.

I’ve posted other questions on this board with no responses and I check back on them daily. I’ll try to help out where I can on here. Just want everyone to share the love and help make this product better.

Todd

Thanks for the suggestion, Todd! I’ll give that workaround a try.

Unfortunately, I am experiencing this delete bug on a PC, so it seems to be a problem across multiple device types.

Although it isn’t a huge problem, it certainly clutters the repository. Katalon is a great help to the testing within my organization, hoping this bug gets fixed soon!

2 Likes