Unable to open browser with url: ” (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: session not created exception from disconnected: received Inspector.detached event

HI team,

While executing a test case i am getting the above error.Earlier it was working fine.

2 Likes

Hi Arun,

Can you give me more details about your problem? Browser, OS info and error logs would be a great help.

1 Like

I am also getting the same error…Can anyone please let me know how to resolve it

Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: session not created exception

from disconnected: received Inspector.detached event

(Session info: chrome=65.0.3325.162)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.38.552522 (437e6fbedfa8762dec75e2c5b3ddb86763dc9dcb),platform=Windows NT 10.0.14393 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 7.59 seconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘abcdefgh’, ip: ‘01.01.01.01’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: driver.version: CChromeDriver)

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 12.02.45 PM.png

2 Likes

I am also getting the same error when I record/run the test in Katalon studio. Can anybody help me how to solve this issue?

Thank in advance

Me too.
I heart very well about this software, so I would like to try it out.
However, when testing a basic functionality like “Object Sky” this popup always shows up.
Already updated my chromedriver, my chrome browser, my java sdk to 1.8.0_191. I also checked everywhere on the Katalon settings where to change the java compiler version, but didn’t find anything.

Any ideas what else should I try?

katalon_error.png

Upvoted.

I am having this problem as well, but strangely, only when executing a suite from Jenkins. I am able to execute local runs both from the GUI as well as from cmd, but the error in the OP is thrown when running from Jenkins.

1 Like

I’ve found an approach that worked in my case, hopefully it will help others.

After several hours of research, I’ve found that the general consensus in the Selenium community around this issue (it’s a recurring problem) is that there is some disagreement between the versions of each of these being used:

1.) Selenium
2.) ChromeDriver
3.) Chrome (browser)

As Katalon Studio does its own management of the versions being used for each of these with each release, manually changing these is not a sustainable approach (although it can be done). The solution for me turned out to be from here:

Basically, I needed to add some custom args to chromedriver. This can be done as follows:

1.) In Katalon Studio, navigate to Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Web UI > Chrome
2.) Add a row by clicking “Add”
3.) In the Name column, type “args” (without quotes)
4.) In the Type column, select “List”
5.) In the Value column, open up the List Property Builder by clicking on the elipsis button on the right.
6.) Add all of the following properties:

7.) Apply the changes and see if the problem persists.

2018-11-27 11_27_10-List Property Builder.png

1 Like

Hi… i still got the problem… any solution for this?

many thanks