Unable to launch katalon suddenly

Hello,

I was using katalon fine and suddenly it stopped working. When I tried to Quit and reload it is not opening.

Pop error says " An error has occured. See the log file

this is the log file generated-

!SESSION 2017-05-16 15:45:19.502 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_102
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data config

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-05-16 15:45:19.945
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

Could you please advice me here.

Working now- Yep, I did the re-download and import projects from previous work space.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Vinh,

Yes,I tried delete the metadata folder but still didnā€™t work. Please share if you have any alternative ideas.

Hi there,

Itā€™s strange. How about re-downloading Katalon Studio and open a new fresh one?

Thanks

Hi there,

Please try to delete .metadata folder in build folder ,e.g C:\4.5-2\config\.metadata and try again.

Thanks

1 Like

i agree. download again exe-file and katalon studio works!

1 Like

**NEVER MIND! SORTED! It was because I extracted the zip file to the Program Files folder and was trying to run the .exe file from there instead of just letting it extract to the Downloads folder and running it from there. **

Hi.

Iā€™ve had the same issue, but my log is telling me stuff like:

!ENTRY com.kms.katalon 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:29.329
!MESSAGE [SCR] Component definition XMLs not found in bundle com.kms.katalon. The component header value is OSGI-INF/component.xml
!ENTRY com.kms.katalon 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:29.329
!MESSAGE [SCR] Component definition XMLs not found in bundle com.kms.katalon. The component header value is OSGI-INF/component.xml
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:31.956
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/atu.testrecorder.screen-recorder_2.1.0.jar A bundle is already installed with the name ā€œatu.testrecorder.screen-recorderā€ and version ā€œ2.1.0ā€
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:31.956
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-annotations_2.9.1.jar A bundle is already installed with the name ā€œcom.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-annotationsā€ and version ā€œ2.9.1ā€
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:31.971
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-core_2.9.6.jar A bundle is already installed with the name ā€œcom.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-coreā€ and version ā€œ2.9.6ā€
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:31.971
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind_2.9.1.jar A bundle is already installed with the name ā€œcom.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databindā€ and version ā€œ2.9.1ā€

etc. for lines and lines and lines. Then, at the bottom it shows:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-11-19 11:17:40.968
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: C:\Program Files\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.8.6\config\.metadata. By default the platform writes its content
under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to
specify a different content area for the platform.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.assertLocationInitialized(DataArea.java:61)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.getStateLocation(DataArea.java:129)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.getBaseLocation(InstancePreferences.java:44)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.initializeChildren(InstancePreferences.java:209)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.(InstancePreferences.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.internalCreate(InstancePreferences.java:220)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:352)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:340)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.createNode(PreferencesService.java:391)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getChild(RootPreferences.java:60)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getNode(RootPreferences.java:95)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.node(RootPreferences.java:84)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.AbstractScope.getNode(AbstractScope.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.preferences.InstanceScope.getNode(InstanceScope.java:77)
at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.ScopedPreferenceStore.getStorePreferences(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:216)
at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.ScopedPreferenceStore.(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:117)
at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.initialPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:25)
at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.getPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:21)
at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.getPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:14)
at com.kms.katalon.util.ApplicationSession.getStore(ApplicationSession.java:51)
at com.kms.katalon.util.ApplicationSession.clean(ApplicationSession.java:17)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.preRunInit(Application.java:80)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:49)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

I already had Eclipse installed on my computer. I have removed it and restarted my computer hoping this would fix the issue, but it didnā€™t. I still get the same log. Iā€™ve searched my computer for anything eclipse related and canā€™t find anything (hidden files are visible), so I donā€™t know what to do.

**NEVER MIND! SORTED! It was because I extracted the zip file to the Program Files folder and was trying to run the .exe file from there instead of just letting it extract to the Downloads folder and running it from there. **

Hi i am getting java.lang.Null exception error while trying to run katalon from linux prompt.

This works!, thanks!

Run as Administrator and it works. Happy testing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, you can run Katalon Studio as Administrator, but the problem is that users donā€™t have permissions to edit the registry file in Katalon Studio. Please, check the userā€™s permissions ā€˜Full Controlā€™ in .config folder.
Best regards