Unable to execute the sample Android automation test

Which appium version and android version should I use to run mobile tests?
Im using Katalon Studio v6.3.3.

I’m able to use latest android studio version and appium 15 with no issues so far.

You mean Android 10?

Im using the sample mobile project of katalon studio and it is just launching the application and then throwing the following error:

01-30-2020 06:15:07 AM Test Cases/Verify Correct Alarm Message

Elapsed time: 1m - 3.224s

Test Cases/Verify Correct Alarm Message FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\Katalon Studio\Android_sample.prj\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create a new remote session. Please check the server log for more details. Original error: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error occured while starting App. Original error: Could not get focusPackageAndActivity. Original error: Could not parse activity from dumpsys
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’
System info: host: ‘INLT30384’, ip: ‘10.0.75.1’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_181’
Driver info: driver.version: SwipeableAndroidDriver
remote stacktrace: UnknownError: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error occured while starting App. Original error: Could not get focusPackageAndActivity. Original error: Could not parse activity from dumpsys
at getResponseForW3CError (C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\appium-base-driver\lib\protocol\errors.js:800:13)
at asyncHandler$ (C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\appium-base-driver\lib\protocol\protocol.js:352:37)
at tryCatch (C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\babel-runtime\regenerator\runtime.js:67:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\babel-runtime\regenerator\runtime.js:315:22)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (C:\Users\soumya.srivastava\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\babel-runtime\regenerator\runtime.js:100:21)

These are the capabilities that i have mentioned:

Android version is 10.
Device is oneplus 6t
Appium version v1.7.2

@devalex88
@Marek_Melocik
@duyluong
Could you please let me know if Im missing something here?

@libra.soumya17 Please make sure the appWaitActivity is correct and update your Appium to the latest version for Android 10 support.

Updated the appium version to v1.16 and getting following error:

@libra.soumya17

Please follow this solution after upgrading appium: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: The instrumentation process cannot be initialized