Unable to create a new remote session. Desired capabilities = Capabilities {appActivity: .Settings, appPackage: com.android.settings, autoGrantPermissions: true, automationName: uiautomator2, deviceName: phonemodel

Hi everyone.

I’m new to Katalon and I’m trying to use katalon for mobile android testing. I have follow the steps in order to test mobile application by installing node.js, appium, java(jre) and android SDK. Once done, I did try to configured the device and start with application ID. But error pop shows "Unable to start application and reason Root exception:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create a new remote session. Desired capabilities = Capabilities {appActivity: .Settings, appPackage: com.android.settings, autoGrantPermissions: true, automationName: uiautomator2, deviceName: Sony SOV41 (Android 11), newCommandTimeout: 1800, platform: ANDROID, platformName: Android, platformVersion: 11, systemPort: 8200, udid: '}
Build info: version: ‘3.141.59’, revision: ‘e82be7d358’, time: ‘2018-11-14T08:25:53’ "

Could anyone please advice on the error shown above. It will very helpful for me to learn on the testing. Thank you.

katalon issue

1 Like

@mohana What version of appium and Katalon Studio are you using? It could be that the appium version is not compatible with this version Katalon Studio

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @kreno
The details above.

1 Like

@mohana That is a very old version of Appium. I would suggest updating to a newer version. To work out of the box on android you could use appium version 1.22.3. They have moved on to appium 2 but that is not yet supported by Katalon Studio fully.

@kreno Thank you so much for your reply and I have tried to uninstall and install back the mentioned version, its working. :slight_smile:

1 Like