Unable To Click Download Button

I have the following code below to click the download button but it is not working. I have attached the console log. The error message is “unable to click object”

I am wondering if it is because you have to handle download buttons differently?

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_evident Design/button_Sign in’))

WebUI.delay(5)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Designer Dashboard/span_Assign to me’))

WebUI.delay(5)

WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Designer Dashboard/span_Download case file(s)’))

WebUI.closeBrowser()

There can be few options you can try in these kind of issues :

• You would need to ensure the selectors are correct. Based on the name of object it looks like you have captured that object using Katalon built in Spy or recording functionality. Right click on the object and click Inspect to see if the Selector is correct.

• Add delay before the click to make sure it appears.

• Try clicking it with Javascript.

There’s usually more to the error log when this happens. Looking specifically for a “Caused by:” line. Can copy/paste the entire log?

To answer your question:

No. Clicking an element is clicking an element. Whether that element is ready to receive a click is another story…

Usually an “unable to click object” error is indicative of a timing issue. Try adding the following line before you click the download button:

WebUI.waitForElementClickable(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Page_Designer Dashboard/span_Download case file(s)’), 30)