Sequential Test Collection Runs only one Test Suite

Hi guys, just to identify how the collection should work when I set Sequential to run my Test Suites:

• Test Suite1 contain some Test Cases (Open browser - Actions)

• Test Suite 2 contain more TCs that need to be runned after the first suite (Actions - close browser).

After I run the collection, the first suites runs, Katalon display test passed, but never run the second Suite.

Should I need to setup a browser instance or something else to run the second suite?

Regards.

Alex Borbon

Test suite 2 is expecting an open browser. is the browser closed after test suite1 is executed?
Test suite collection is not intended to use the way you described.

1 Like

Hi @Manu_Mahendran.

In Test Suite 1 Open brower and makes some clicks and save values in a module.
In Test Suite 2 The first test case try to navigate to another module and continue with more action.

I tried to continue runing more test cases without close browser so I can make a big flow, make diferent suites and run them in sequence.

Regards

The flow should be one test suite. Like for example. create an address, edit an address, delete an address. These are three testcases and you can create one test suite with these three.

I understand what you said @Manu_Mahendran

I have 6 testcases in that way, I added 3 into a Test Suite and the other 3 into another Test Suite, but after that I create a Test Suite to continue with the flow but when I try to run my test collection, This only runs the first Test Suite, but not the second one,

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your testsuite collection window

@Manu_Mahendran . Here are some Screenshoots

Test Suites:
First Suite open browser, navigates into a module to run some actions
TestSuite1

The second Suites, navigates into another module and execute more actions and close browser at the end
TestSuite2

Test Collection:

Hope this can help to get the big picture.

the second suite doestn even get initialized?
did you try to rearrange the order. test suite2,testuite1

Hi @Manu_Mahendran

Answer for your first question…The second never get initialized.

Answer for your second question…

I tried to Rearrange the order, but Test suite 2 don’t start openning a browser, just navigate to another module and run some process.

If I rearrange the order and start Runing the Collection, TestSuite2 fails immediatelly.

Very strange.
can you add test suite1 twice into your collections and try executing?

Also, create another test suite instead of test suite2 and try ?

Strage indeed.

TRying Test suite twice works, I tried creating another test Suite and still have the same issue, just run the first instance.

I think that Test collection cannot execute multiple Test Suites that works in the same Browser instance, Maybe I need to open a new browser for each Test case that stast in Test Suite.

let me try it on my katalon and will update you

Ive experienced the same, however, discovered the second suite did run but for some reason didnt show in real time the fail/passed status, when the report was extracted found all the results as expected.

Hi anyone got the solution for the above issues because currently i am also dealing with the same problem.Is there any alternative for that

1 Like

hi,

is there possible to send argument from testsuite1 to testsuite2
e.g using call testcase keyword where (Webdriver) driver used in parameter?

not tried this :slight_smile:

oh,

tried, in test suite collection from suite to suite it's not possible to send parameter using
call testcase keyword.
I guess that every test suite will initiates its own start
TESTCASE1 as TESTSUITE1

String downloadPath = "C:\\Users\\xxxxx\\Desktop\\data\\pdf\\"
Map<String, Object> chromePrefs = new HashMap<String, Object>()
chromePrefs.put("download.default_directory", downloadPath)
chromePrefs.put("download.prompt_for_download", false)
chromePrefs.put("pdfjs.disabled", true);
System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", DriverFactory.getChromeDriverPath())
ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions()
//options.addArguments("--headless")
options.setExperimentalOption("prefs", chromePrefs)
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options)
driver.get('http://demoaut.katalon.com/')
WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase('GlobalVarBetweenTestSuites/forTestSuite2'), [('driver') : driver], FailureHandling.CONTINUE_ON_FAILURE)

TESTCASE2 AS TESTSUITE2
driver.get("http://www.google.com/")

when executed tessuitecollection
2019-05-01 16:52:26.357 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - :x: Test Cases/GlobalVarBetweenTestSuites/forTestSuite2 FAILED.
Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: driver for class: Script1555915475665

works fine if executed in test suite level only