How can i run test suite depend on others in one collection katalon studio

how can i run test suite depend on others in one collection in katalon studio
to run the 2nd suit after the last test case in 1st suit in the same session either in mobile or web ?

Hi @s.aldurini ,

Can you please help clarify it a bit clearer? I cannot fully understand your point to support.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for your replay
I mean if I have a
Collection X which include :
suite 1 which include:
Test Case 1.1
Test Case 1.2

suite 2 which include:
Test Case 2.1
Test Case 2.2

I need to keep a session on suit 1 open after running it and complete the test case 2.1 and 2.2 of the suit 2 in the same session of suite 1 without opening a new session for suit 2

I already edit the setting to keep the suit 1 session opened
Project-> Settings → Execution → Default
Terminate drivers after each Test Case
Terminate drivers after each Test Suite

I think you can use Test Suite Collection :thinking:

1 Like

Stop. Just stop.

Do you hear yourself…a test SUITE, depending on a test SUITE…?

It sounds like you need to run some pre-requisite (i.e. setup) logic, before hitting any test case in the drive test suite…

What is the “session” you mean?

Do you want your test open a browser only once and use that browser instance in all of Test Case 1.1 + 1.2 + 2.1 + 2.2?

You can use a browser instance in a Test Suite = TestCase 1.1 + 1.2. But you can not continue using the browser in the following Test Suite (2.1, 2.2). It is very difficult to carry over a browser instance across 2 or more Test Suites. I dont’ know how to. At least I have never tried to.

If you want to stick to a single browser session, you just want to combine all 4 test cases in a single Test Suite.

1 Like

Forgive my previous response…

…but in order for us to help you get this resolved, we need to know:

• how are the Test Cases 2.1 and 2.2 operating individually?
  • what is the reason the browser needs to stay open after Test Case 1.2 ?
  • what is the relationship of the test cases contained in the test suites?
  • what happens when you make Test Case 1.2 (or the steps contained therein) the @SetUp for the individual test cases in Test Suite 2?