Screenshots, Video, and some random questions for Analytics

I’ve just been working for a couple days with Katalon now so I’m very new to this. I just learned of Katalon Analytics and really want to be able to use this for my reporting software. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to attach screenshots and Videos to the failures that happen? I can see them in the report tab of Katalon Studio, just not uploaded to Analytics.
  2. Is there a way to delete executions? Say I’m debugging and want to look at a report, but don’t want it to save after I’m done with it.
  3. Is there a way to add a build number or something to connect these reports to the building of our product? (We use Team City).
  4. The web view with all the charts and stuff, can this be downloaded? Or only the CSV or the execution details?

Right now I am using Zephyr for Jira and if we can figure out these things in Katalon Analytics I think we can move away from that!

Thanks!

Will York said:

I’ve just been working for a couple days with Katalon now so I’m very new to this. I just learned of Katalon Analytics and really want to be able to use this for my reporting software. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to attach screenshots and Videos to the failures that happen? I can see them in the report tab of Katalon Studio, just not uploaded to Analytics.
  2. Is there a way to delete executions? Say I’m debugging and want to look at a report, but don’t want it to save after I’m done with it.
  3. Is there a way to add a build number or something to connect these reports to the building of our product? (We use Team City).
  4. The web view with all the charts and stuff, can this be downloaded? Or only the CSV or the execution details?

Right now I am using Zephyr for Jira and if we can figure out these things in Katalon Analytics I think we can move away from that!

Thanks!

Hi Will,

Thank you for choosing Katalon tools set. I will break your post down to make sure I address all of your questions.

1. Yes, Katalon Studio will push test execution with screenshots and logs to Katalon Analytics. You can enable this in Project Settings > Integration > Katalon Analytics.

2 & 3. Unfortunately, Delete execution and add build number are not supported yet by Katalon Analytics. However, it is on Katalon team roadmap to be implemented.

4. Only CSV and execution details can be downloaded.

I hope my answers addressed all of your concerns. I’d recommend going through Katalon Resources Center for more information.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns,

Best,
Liam

Hey Liam,

Thanks for the information! Have a quick follow up question. Where in Katalon Analytics can I view the screenshots. I have it enabled within Katalon, but it does not appear anywhere where I can find it easy.

Thanks!

Will York said:

Hey Liam,

Thanks for the information! Have a quick follow up question. Where in Katalon Analytics can I view the screenshots. I have it enabled within Katalon, but it does not appear anywhere where I can find it easy.

Thanks!

Hi Will,

Please refer to this tutorial on Viewing reports on KA.

Best,
Liam

Just for the record, we’ve fixed a bug where some reports with screenshots were not parsed completely.

For your information, the Delete execution has been available on Katalon Analytics. The build number info is in consideration for implementation.

Is there any way to take page screenshot with URL part of the page?