How can I write my own data into reports?

Hi there!

I want to create screenshots with highlighted diffs when the test failed during execution and save such screenshots in the current report folder (the generated during test execution folder with name taken from date and time by path ~\katalon project folder\Reports).

This logic I want to put into my keyword. Is there any way to get an access to the current execution and write your own data into report?

And will my own screenshots appear in the Katalon Analytics after saving them in the Report folder? I mean the Attachments section in results or so:

Would appreciate any help.

takescreenshot function will save screenshot is a designated folder

Perhaps this might help?

My VisualTestingInKatalonStudio project can create screenshots in test cases in a Test Suite, create diff images, compiles its own report in HTML format. You can see an example output at the following URL.

VisualTestingInKatalonStudio is not integrated with Katalon’s original Report and Katalon Analytics.

As far as I am aware, Katalon Studio’s built-in Report does not provide any extension points. You can not modify the way how it is compiled. You can not put your screenshots into the built-in Report at all.

That is one of the reasons why my VisualTestingInKatalonStudio project is designed to produce its own report in HTML format.

Thank you kazurayam!

From the beginning of my work with Katalon I was inspired by your idea to create visual tests using Ashot. Thank you really for this! Right now I use my own keywords for taking and comparing screenshots. And of course I took a look at the html report generator, but such way will not work for me.

You can not put your screenshots into the built-in Report at all.

This is really sad that there is no interface to the reports, cause I’m very happy with Katalon Analytics as centralized tool for managing test execution. I hope that in the future Katalon team will consider introducing such interface, I think there are a lot of users who want to add their own data in reports. Do you know is there any feature requests topics and the order of handling such requests? I mean maybe something like in Microsoft the community asks for feature, and Microsoft team handles it in accordance with a priority and vote rate from community.

1 Like

I invited @YoungNgo, @devalex88 and @ThanhTo to this topic.

I am sure that Katalon team is aware that customizability of report is highly required.

3 Likes