Run from here… but what is here? I’d like to know very easily!
So what happens is, I use ‘run from here’ but then it shows 5 browser instances of which to choose from.
How can I make the connection from the browsers in the Windows taskbar below to the Katalon studio Run from here…
I was thinking of some kind of rightmouse-click that would blink 1 of the browser instances to show what is what…
so for instance : rightclick on the Page(2) would blink the 3th browser icon in the taskbar below in Windows.
you see what kind of solution i’m looking for?
Just to note that your ‘run from here’ browser options appear in chronological order ie keep adding to bottom of list, and your browser tab I assume spawns new instances from left to right. So your current script in the log viewer should be the rightmost browser instance on a toolbar (I’m working in Windows land here)
The run from here option in katalon test case is used to run from the selected step in your scripts.
by default all your previous executed browsers will be shown in a list when you click on executed from here
the top most of the list is the recently executed browser instance
the bottom-most of the list is the oldest browser instance
1.if you have 10 lines of script
2. while executing if it fails in 4 th line
3. make changes to the script in 4th line
4. right click on the 4 th line and select run from here
5. while run from here please select the top most browser in the list
6. if u select the top most one it will execute in the same browser which u used previously for execution
7. this will reduce your time of executing the same script from line 1
To avoid more than one in the list of executed browser pls close all the browsers opened by katalon studio during execution to keep track of your browser instance.