Report for test suite collection - log viewer and export report to html

Hello!
I noticed that when I execute a test suite collection it opens the browser to execute each test suite, but only the log for the first test suite is shown.
In the other hand, when I export the report to HTML, only the log for the last testsuite is shown.

I am using katalon studio version 5.3.0

6 Likes

I noticed that when I execute a test suite collection it opens the browser to execute each test suite, but only the log for the first test suite is shown.

Yes, I have noticed this as well. This behavior makes me uncertain if the test suite collection is still running or has already stopped. I think that Katalon Studio should show the logs of succeeding test suites, not only the 1st one.

1 Like

I am experiencing this too. When why export the Test Suite Collection report as an html file, the file only shows data for the last Suites. I am using the most recent version of Katalon.

1 Like

Agreed. There are a few areas of concern surrounding Test Suites and Collections:

1 - What is the best method of stopping a running TestSuite? Collection?

2 - Sometimes, with many files open and some of them are suites, the Project menu/Refresh/Settings/Close items are all grayed out and the only cure is to restart KS.

3 - While developing tests I know exactly what server I’m using. But when suites are running and after they are completed, there is no report info or meta data I can find that records the target server or URL. Sure, I can add something in a comment in a test but it seems that this key piece of identifying info should be printed somewhere in the report output without me having to jump through hoops to add it or find it.

Just my $0.02

2 Likes

Just ran into this issue as well. Has there been a solution yet?

Still an issue at 5.4.2 -Upvoted!

2 Likes

Still present in 5.5, I thought it was me!

1 Like

Mark Leavesley said:

Still present in 5.5, I thought it was me!

And 5.6 also

1 Like

Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We tried to run a Test Suite Collection with KS latest version 5.6 and the exported index as well as log HTML file fully showed all the execution of the Test Suite Collection.

To switch log view of each executed test case within a Test Suite Collection, simply click on the “eye icon” on the top right corner of the pane.

Let us know if you guys still have the issue. We will try to help!

Thank you for choosing Katalon Products!
Liam

Screen Shot .png

I wasn’t aware of the “eye icon”.

It’s not obvious that the others are hidden, they look like they are simply missing. Odd design, but the logs are there, under the eye. Thanks.

2 Likes

kazurayam said:

I wasn’t aware of the “eye icon”.

It’s a very useful… eyecon…

:smiley:

I found that the eye icon functions slightly wrong. I made another post:

Katalon Studio : 6.2.0(Beta)

Test Suite collection execution is still Showing the log for the first test suite