Bug in v5.2.0.1 for Test Suite Collection

Hello, I noticed that the Log and Console stop updating once the first ‘Test Suite’ completes in a ‘Test Suite Collection’.

Am using Katalon Studio v5.2.0.1.

I have the ticks against all the ‘Run’ option boxes on the right side.

testsuitecollection2.PNG

Other Test Suites logs after the first one can be monitored by clicking on ‘eye’ icon and selecting appropriate test suite

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 15.53.14.png

This seems to be a problem when running a Test Suite Collection in Jenkins - it only seems to show the first Test Suite and not the rest, anyway around this? There is no “eye” to press here.
Thanks!

Yaacov Silverstein said:

This seems to be a problem when running a Test Suite Collection in Jenkins - it only seems to show the first Test Suite and not the rest, anyway around this? There is no “eye” to press here.
Thanks!

Jenkins shows the same execution logs when you execute tests in console mode execution, so I don’t think it relates to Jenkins.

However, I’ve tried to execute Test Suite Collection from my side and observe it show all test suites logs, so please help to provide more details or any reproducible steps if you observe it :slight_smile:

In Jenkins, I read from the report.html file which is created in a directory without a timestamp added, since in a test suite collection it does not write all the reports to that one file, you are presently unable to run in jenkins and automatically get the report to show. This would be great if this can be fixed and enable the ability to have all the executed test suites show test results in the report.html file.

Thanks!

@Yaacov Silverstein said:
In Jenkins, I read from the report.html file which is created in a directory without a timestamp added, since in a test suite collection it does not write all the reports to that one file, you are presently unable to run in jenkins and automatically get the report to show. This would be great if this can be fixed and enable the ability to have all the executed test suites show test results in the report.html file.

Thanks!

report.html file is currently used for Test Suite. If you need to read Test Suite Collection in HTML format, you need to ‘export’ the current generated Katalon Studio report into HTML file and use it instead:

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Test+Suite+Collection+Report#TestSuiteCollectionReport-Exporttootherformats

Regards

@Vinh Nguyen said:
Other Test Suites logs after the first one can be monitored by clicking on ‘eye’ icon and selecting appropriate test suite

Sorry forgot to reply back but yes you are right, this is a non issue with what you said.