Radio button testing

Hello, I am new to katalon Studio.

Has anyone encountered that it is recorded successfully that action of clicking on a radio button.

however, when you run the test case, error is thrown saying unable to click on object the radio button ?

Any advise?

Hey @marcus.w

Did you read this doc yet?
https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/handle_textbox_checkbox_radio_button.html

If you already followed this guide and it still isn’t working then please provide some more information. Don’t know what information to send? Check this post:

Please post the error log in it’s entirety. There are several reasons why that could happen, and we need to see exactly what your script is complaining about.

1 Like

Hi Folks,

I am new to katalon (just a few weeks old) and my question is that I have used the recording function to record my test case. The steps are simple just filling a few text boxes , click some radio buttons and lastly save the form.

However, the strange thing is when I replay the test case. The test did not run successfully and errors are reported. “unable to click on object…”

I am wondering what is the use of providing the recording function when replaying it is unsuccessful?

1 Like

Hi @marcus.w

Websites may appear to have common qualities but are implemented in an uncommon way. The Web Recorder works automatically only to the extent of common implementation. Beyond that is the purpose for this forum - to have experts help you solve automated testing problems.

Please provide the error log under Help > Error log, and provide screenshots along with the html structure surrounding the object on which the Click step is currently failing.

1 Like

I have a similar issue. Katalon does great with Textbox Checkbox but when it fills in the Radio Button, the selection temporarily populates for about a second and the input disappears.

Correction:
I am using Katalon Recorder with the Google Chrome browser to record and replay the “clicks” on various radio buttons. I can see Katalon makeing the selection, but it disappears or depopulates immediately. The problem radio button is “id=M0110_01” in the log below:

</head>

<body>

<h4 class="log-info">[info] Playing test case Kinnser Test Suite - Chrome / OASIS-D SOC MIN ASSIST PG 0 TO 15</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Time: Sat Nov 02 2019 22:54:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) Timestamp: 1572753268039</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] OS: Linux Version: </h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Browser: Chrome Version: 78.0</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] If the test cannot start, please refresh the active browser tab</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=M0102_PHYSN_ORDRD_SOCROC_DT_NA | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | check | id=M0110_01 | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=M0110_01 | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=M0150_CPAY_MCARE_HMO | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=oasisSaveButton | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=oasisSaveContinueButton | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | click | id=cActual2 | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Stop executing</h4>

Solved, or the solution that worked for me:
in Katalon Recorder:
Command: check
Target: id=(unchanged)
Command: verifyChecked
Target: id=(unchanged)

The log:

</head>

<body>

<h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | check | id=cActual2 | |</h4><h4 class="log-info">[info] Executing: | verifyChecked | id=cActual2 | |</h4>