Questions for a new user

So, I have ~2700 individual tests in Selenium IDE, broken up into several large suites. So switching to Katalon could be a very big job if I don’t know what I’m doing.

I am having a little play with Automation Recorder, and there are several things I don’t get.

I apologise in advance if these questions are answered in your supporting docs, but it’s all terribly confusing, and sometimes I think I’m looking at Katalon Studio information.

1. In Selenium, I can set a base url. How do I do that in Recorder without hard-coding into the beginning of each test?

2. When I import an individual test from Selenium , the only option I can find is to import it as a Suite. How do I import a whole bunch of Selenium tests, and then group them up as a Suite?

Stu Jenkins said:

So, I have ~2700 individual tests in Selenium IDE, broken up into several large suites. So switching to Katalon could be a very big job if I don’t know what I’m doing.

I am having a little play with Automation Recorder, and there are several things I don’t get.

I apologise in advance if these questions are answered in your supporting docs, but it’s all terribly confusing, and sometimes I think I’m looking at Katalon Studio information.

1. In Selenium, I can set a base url. How do I do that in Recorder without hard-coding into the beginning of each test?

2. When I import an individual test from Selenium , the only option I can find is to import it as a Suite. How do I import a whole bunch of Selenium tests, and then group them up as a Suite?

Hi Stu,

Thank you for choosing Katalon products. Please find my answer below:
1. BaseURL for Katalon Recorder is coming soon. In the meantime, there is a workaround for it. You can put the URL in CSV file and use Test Data feature to read in the URL data.
2. Import Test Suite feature also allows you to import test cases. After importing, you can group them manually as preferred structure.

Hope my answer address your questions. Feel free to let us know of further issues or concerns.

Regards,
Liam

Thanks. Where do I find info about setting up a Test Data .csv? Formats etc…

@Stu Jenkins said:
Thanks. Where do I find info about setting up a Test Data .csv? Formats etc…

2 Likes

Thanks so much.

how to run test cases on multiple browsers using browser stack in katalon studio ?
Pls reply

Hi,
Please have a look at the documentation for browserStack integration.
https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/browserstack-integration.html

Script in katalon failed with no delays added between actions on CD/CI pipeline

Can anybody help , how to avoid delays