Pass Arguments to Executable in Windows Action Recorder

Is it possible to pass an argument to the specified Application file when trying to record actions for a Windows executable?

An executable I would like to record requires a .ini file to be passed as an argument. I cannot seem to pass this argument when starting recording from the Windows Action Recorder.

Is it possible to call executables with required parameters from the Windows Action Recorder?

1 Like

@sstream
You can sepecify application arguments using appArguments capabilities like this:

Reference: WinAppDriver/AuthoringTestScripts.md at master · microsoft/WinAppDriver · GitHub

1 Like

For anyone looking to solve this in the future, this desired capabilities can be found by pressing the Edit button for the Windows Action Recorder Configuration.

1 Like

Thank you … it works … looks I need take some time to learn …

Hi All :

Is there any way to pass the argument in Native Windows recorder ? .

Hi @212786241

Passing arguments in Native Windows Recorder is not supported at this momment. We will introduce in further release.

Hello everyone,

In version 7.7, Katalon Studio supports passing Capabilities including appArguments and appWorkingDir for Native Windows Recorder.

Jass

1 Like

Hi @duyluong

I have tested the app that starts from bat file as below:

When i try to set the app arguments as you mentioned in katalon, the app still not start with enable unicode. What should I do?

And how can I add this configuration in script to replay?

Please advice.

hi @Katalon_team
Please help me. Thank you

@kimphuong.tran1983

You can use Start Application With Title keyword to start your app and help Studio detect your app in this way

Windows.startApplicationWithTitle('path to batch file', 'Your Window App title');

References: [Windows] Start Application with Title | Katalon Docs

Thank you @duyluong
I get another issue when run bat file