Offline activation of older version of Katalon Studio

Hi All,

I know it is being decided whether or not to remove offline activation from the free version of KS, with the new enterprise edition coming out. However, as the enterprise edition is still in beta my organisation is waiting for an official release before we decide whether we go with the paid version or not.

In the meantime, we are still using an older version of Katalon Studio, and as I am trying to install it on another machine (again, in an offline environment) I realised the activation link now forces you to have the enterprise edition to activate offline.

While the enterprise is not officially released can we please keep the ability to offline activate old version of Katalon Studio? I am honestly shocked that this change has been made with the current state of the enterprise edition, and it is a slap in the face to existing users.

2 Likes

Following this as I am in the same situation. I am currently trying to convince my organization that Katalon studio is a viable solution for automated testing. Since it was free and we could activation offline (a hard requirement for us), I have been able to use it with some success. This morning I thought I might upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.3.3 to see what was new there before even considering the new Enterprise Edition. I don’t appreciating feeling forced to request the Enterprise Edition when it is not even out of Beta yet. For older versions of Katalon, I think they should keep the offline activation mechanism. I will either be sticking to 6.1.2 or switching to a different test automation tool unless offline activation is included in the free versions of Katalon. It does not make sense to pay for an Enterprise Edition when my organization only has 2-3 people using Katalon.

1 Like

Yes, indeed. While we are supporting Katalon-studio, it is so bad move to disabling the offline activation and gonna be a showstopper for some adopters (at least for me). Bear in mind tht some of the organisation does not allow Internet connection on their testing lab. Any workaround for that without forcing users to use the enterprise version?